Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 135mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Helios 135mm Reply with quote

Got my Helios58mm lens and very happy with it. I've been seeing a few Helios 135 f2.8 lenses on Ebay and more then a bit curious about whether they are also decent lenses. Anyone here own one and can comment?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got through loads of these. Some are OK, some are very sharp indeed. I think there were 3 different designs in the end, all made in Japan.

I have a brand new one, still boxed here with a manual if anyone makes a serious offer Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I won one on Ebay UK while I slept for 10 pounds so I'll find out soon enough.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Helios 135mm Reply with quote

xjjohnno wrote:
Got my Helios58mm lens and very happy with it. I've been seeing a few Helios 135 f2.8 lenses on Ebay and more then a bit curious about whether they are also decent lenses. Anyone here own one and can comment?

They are exactly as 'decent' as any other Japanese knock-off of that time: Accura, Albinar, Focal, Hanimar, J.C.Penny, Prinz, and so on. Those guys simply used the Russian 'Helios' brand because it was not protected by international copyrights. Any 135mm 'Helios' has absolutely nothing to do with any Russian lenses whatsoever.