Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HELIKOR 200mm f3.5 (m42)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject: HELIKOR 200mm f3.5 (m42) Reply with quote

a Japanese lens. well built. very compact. Very sharp wide open.

Do you recognize the maker?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no info or image about this HELIKOR on Google..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be any of a dozen or more makers.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early Samyang.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like some Tokina to me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is same lens as here: http://forum.mflenses.com/mirage-korean-make-200-3-5-m42-thanks-peter-t11769.html
Perhaps even engraved made in Korea though one can find it without.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's it shoot?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it shoots not bad.. but doesnt focus close enough
made in japan this one
i need to test it outside but it too damn hot this month

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: HELIKOR 200mm f3.5 (m42) Reply with quote

[quote="Smoli4"]a Japanese lens. well built. very compact. Very sharp wide open.

Do you recognize the maker?

_ _ _

a friend of mine had a Helikor 200mm F:4 in the 1970s as far as i can recall and its front wasn't like this; it was just a straight on, same-diameter barrel all along ... so, probably that half-stop extra wide open aperture setting on this one is the reason behind why this lens has a slightly wider 'head' so to say?

i had a Helikor 300mm F:4.5 myself around the same time ... decent lens, not so pricey although not so cheap either (something like say £70 at the time) and it came with a leatherette holster as well as one Skylight and one 82A filter (77mm diameter) in one package ...

i didn't use it much but worked well when i did until i had to sell it alongside a number of other lenses and stuff in the 1980s due to financial reasons ... regret it badly though: its aperture mechanism had many blades, forming up a fully round opening at all F settings! i'm looking to find one again but apparently the manufacturer is out of business or something ... barely any Helikor lenses found for sale online now ...