Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Have Series VI lenses need camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Have Series VI lenses need camera Reply with quote

I just bought a set of Holmar Series VI lenses, wideangle and telephoto.
Also one adapter is included #633. They were mint condition, and at the local antique shop for $5. So I couldn't leave them. Smile

I'd like to buy a cheap camera to try these on. One source said these were mostly for folders.
Now for the hard question. Is there a list somewhere that tells which cameras were series VI?

I'm clueless on this, so please help.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick pic of the lenses. I have the case also.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you need to get a Series VI adapter to fit a camera you already have. E.g. there are thread to Series adapters, e.g. 46mm to Ser VI. There are also TLR Bayonet adapters, and a huge variety of push-on adapters. Before the standardization to round threaded filters, the Series system was it.

The key is, what type and size is the #633? I'd guess it is a push-on type, so you measure the diameter. Or try it on some of your cameras!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster

Thank you. I measured the adapter, it's threaded, and is a stepdown to 35mm.
After reading your post I looked on Ebay, and your right, they seem adaptable to alot of cameras.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Have Series VI lenses need camera Reply with quote

Another common use of Series threaded devices was the early ring-flash for macro... Mine has a Series thread on it and I bought quite a few (expensive) adapters before it dawned on my sad little brain that i just needed one, and then could use step dpwn rings which I had already!!

D'uh! A Homer moment - and I don't mean the Greek writer!!!

Doug

walter g wrote:
I just bought a set of Holmar Series VI lenses, wideangle and telephoto.
Also one adapter is included #633. They were mint condition, and at the local antique shop for $5. So I couldn't leave them. Smile

I'd like to buy a cheap camera to try these on. One source said these were mostly for folders.
Now for the hard question. Is there a list somewhere that tells which cameras were series VI?

I'm clueless on this, so please help.