Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Guess the lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
The thing about Domiplans (besides the sticky diaphragm) is the wide variation of image quality between different examples. I only used
mine on film and never once saw a swirly bokeh. Yours looks much sharper too. I wish you good luck and may your apertures be
always unstuck! Smile

It is also the case of age related decentered rear element that is held by three screws if i remember correctly. That can be easily corrected. If one really wishes too. Special effects mostly are related to this faults.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the domiplan seems to have copy variation problem as some dislike it and other have shown it can produce good results, but why take a chance when there are plenty of nifty fifty's more reliable...e.g. if you can use it, a Zuiko 50mm f1.8 goes for peanuts and is a better lens.