Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Garden association Gothenburg with Elmarit-R 28 [C&C]
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Garden association Gothenburg with Elmarit-R 28 [C&C] Reply with quote

Some snaps from a weekend trip to Gothenburg. We went there to se the Madonna show, and had some time off for strolling around.

All hand held with Elmarit-R 28 on A900. I mostly use f/5.6 and sometimes f/2.8. This time I tried to use the whole frame without cropping, not perfect, but good exercise.

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20127/big_2479_Trdgrden_9_L28_1.jpg]
[/url]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crikey, that lens has some pop! 4 and 5 in particular Smile Thanks for sharing, they all look very good.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Crikey, that lens has some pop! 4 and 5 in particular Smile Thanks for sharing, they all look very good.

Thnx

It sure does, but I must admit that I set the dark point quite high and I sometimes also add some linear contrast in curves tool to make it pop even more.

/T

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1. I was in Gothenburg for a couple of weeks in February. I remember snow, dark and great food and drink. Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I just noticed that my post ended up in the manual focus main thread, perhaps it is better to move it to the manual focus image thread?

/T

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this lens in past for a short while I did like it on b&w film only, try it out with film if you can.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
+1. I was in Gothenburg for a couple of weeks in February. I remember snow, dark and great food and drink. Very Happy

patrickh

Oh, moody time to visit Gothenburg, it must be much better in summer Smile

Talking about food.
We went to two fancy restaurants, one (Sjömagasinet) was like the Madonna show kind of a disappointment, and the other one was really great (Swedish Taste, highly recommended).

/T

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I had this lens in past for a short while I did like it on b&w film only, try it out with film if you can.

That would be fun, but I must get myself a camera first...
Why do you think it was good for B&W film technically?

/T

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

torbod wrote:
Attila wrote:

That would be fun, but I must get myself a camera first...
Why do you think it was good for B&W film technically?

/T

Just impression as always, I did like very much b&w shoots, sharp, contrast etc I had no same impression on Sony NEX
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/german/leica/leica-r-3-elmarit-28-s7/?
http://forum.mflenses.com/leica-r-3-elmarit-28mm-f2-8-series-7-agfa-apx-100-t39640,highlight,%2Belmarit+%2B28mm.html

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I especially enjoyed the shot (#4) of the lilypads, awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerris2 wrote:
I especially enjoyed the shot (#4) of the lilypads, awesome!

It just lacks a frog sitting there catching flies Smile