Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon TV f/1.8 12.5-75mm on micro four thirds?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Fujinon TV f/1.8 12.5-75mm on micro four thirds? Reply with quote

Are the fujinon tv zooms any good on micro four thirds?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen these TV zooms in C-mount for years, but only recently it seems has there been a more wide-spread application for them. I'm thinking that, because of the u4/3 sensor size, those old TV zooms might work petty well.

I'd be very interested in knowing how well they work, since many of them have very wide maximum apertures -- thus useful for low light and/or shallow depth of fields work. Or so I've been led to think.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of those c-mount zooms can be used others generate black corners, some even more, you only see a circle in the centre.

A list of c-mount lenses that shows which ones can be sensibly used on y µ4/3 cam and on a NEX would be a very nice thing to have!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried one once and it has terrible vignetting. Sits in its box now unused....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
kds315* wrote:

+1

Are you guys talking about this fujinon specifically, or about c-mounts in general?

I can live with a little vignetting and without the wide end of the zoom. So I wonder whether this is one of the better ones or completely unusable.
I'm pretty happy with my cosmicar 12.5mm f/1.9 even though I need to crop its images.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was my English that bad...? Of course this is specifically about that lens.

I have quite a few c-mount lenses and some results may be seen in these
sets here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/sets/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your English is great, it's just the posts about you were generalizing so I wasn't sure about the context.

Thanks for the input!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens is selling for over $75 at the bay. I guess it has its uses.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Zooms Reply with quote

Olympus

Only one is useful for Olympus m4/3 cams. 22.5 - 90mm F1.5 I think, and very heavy.

The others all vignette, some hopelessly.

Panasonics

On the Panasonics, there is a possibility of using digi zoom and so using only part of the image circle, losing resolution slightly and a bit of contrast. The video modes that allow use of a smaller image circle would also make these zooms quite desirable. Some of them are two thirds inch and others slightly larger, but nearly all will work in that way.

This was raised before. With the GH2, the new video mode sounds ideal for these zooms! I have bought my fill, over ten shall we say! These will be even more useful if the Nikon 16mm digi ever comes about.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-mount lenses were designed for different image circles.
So a 16mm lens is not always a wide angle lens.
Generally, a 35mm lens holds a bigger chance to be calculated for a larger sensor (and thus usable on µ4/3 or even APS-C) than a 16mm lens.
25mm lenses often work on µ4/3 (probably with some vignetting).
On APS-C c-mount lenses below 35mm will probably not work without rather wide black corners.

These shots were taken with my NEX-3 (APS-C):

I will get a 25mm lens soon and see how that one works.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then 70mm and longer are surely ok on apsc... I would like see such sample. Must be nice portrait glasses with finger print.