Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

fujinon lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Do you know what's about the DM marking ?

If I recall correctly, I think DM lenses are required for shutter priority auto-exposure (e.g. with the AX-5).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
There are some fujinon lenses marked DM on the front of the lens and not EBC , but they appear as EBC coated on : http://www.pentax-manuals.com/fujica/lenses/bay_lenses.htm which listes the X-mount lenses .
I have ordered a Fujinon 50mm 1.6 in X-mount : http://www.pentax-manuals.com/fujica/lenses/x_50d16.htm

On the other hand , the fujinon M42 are marked EBC on the front of the lens http://pentax-manuals.com/fujica/lenses/m42_lenses.htm

Do you know what's about the DM marking ?

Fujinon can e EBC and not EBC (older). The EBC coated lenses said EBC.

The fujinar (only in "X" mount) are not EBC lenses.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does EBC stand for? I know they're coated but EB?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
What does EBC stand for? I know they're coated but EB?

Electron Beam Coating
don't ask me why =/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moira, very nice set, love these results! Cool

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of starting a whole new thread I'll just try to "liven" this one up again.

Does anyone have experience with the EBC 75-205mm? There is a real lack of information on this one, aside from simple specs. Is it an uncommon beast?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another questions, is good the price for a fujinon T 200/4,5 u$s 35 ?

I don't konw, seems to be a good lens, something slow, but good.

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's EBC coated, then yes it's a good price. I've sold 2 for more than twice that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks themoleman342.

Rino.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Fuji's? A very thin spread. Besides an excellent Fujica ST-701 body which I don't use and will sell soon, I have just two peripheral lenses: a bayonet X-Fujinon 50/1.9 that I can't use and is for sale now, and an Auto-only M42 Fujinon 55/1.8. I haven't used the 55/1.8 but it only arrived a couple days ago and I haven't jammed the pin yet. So somewhere fairly soon, I'll see how it stacks up against ten other 55's. I guess I'll have to work on my budget before I can get the EBC line-up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Auto-only M42 Fujinon 55/1.8

I found it to be very nice...but show us some photos taken with it, as mine has only been used wide open.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I like my EBC glass. It is the only M42 glass I shoot with these days.

I disagree with some of the statements I read stating the Taks perform better. In my opinion the Fujinon glass holds more than it's own with the Tak glass.

In any case if you own an EBC lens your bound to be satisfied, it really dosent get much better at this price point.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is the set I just got for about $85 shipped. I know I can get at least $120 for the f1.4/50mm if I decide to sell it, so I wasn't too worried about the price. Everything is just about mint. Camera just needs to be cleaned up a bit. The zoom is the one I mentioned before, the EBC 75-205mm. It has a f3.8 aperture as opposed to the other upper range fujica zooms that are a bit slower.

(sorry for the quality of the pic)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great purchase.

Very nice equipment.

Sorry, abuot the zoon, i don't know.

Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
...and a non-EBC 100/2.8 which I absolutely love. I have posted pictures shot with it in the past, I kept it and sold the Tamron 105/2.5 and Pentacon 100/2.8 as the Fujinon is better.

I just bought another 100/2.8 but with EBC coating for cheap on ebay, less than 30€, as it has slight fungus on the front element. If it's cleanable it will be quite a find.

Any progress with that new 100mm? Can you explain what it is about the non EBC 100mm that you like? Any more pictures to post from it? I have seen the non-coated 100mm, which seems rare, and I've also seen a Mamiya Sekor 105mm which I suspect is equally or even more rare. I'm wondering how the two are perceived by folks having experience with them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Any progress with that new 100mm? Can you explain what it is about the non EBC 100mm that you like? Any more pictures to post from it? I have seen the non-coated 100mm, which seems rare, and I've also seen a Mamiya Sekor 105mm which I suspect is equally or even more rare. I'm wondering how the two are perceived by folks having experience with them.

Progress with the new 100? Sure, somewhat... The lens turned out to have fungus not only on the front lens, but on the back too. The seller was not responding so, after leaving negative feedback, I opened it.

The back cleaned perfectly, but the front is giving me trouble: the fungus is around the back of the first element, which is in a group with two others. The back one unscrews, but the two front ones are held together by a metal ring which seems to be made of two pieces screwed together, but has nothing to get a grip on and does not want to budge. I will probably have to bring it to my repairman, who also cleaned my non-EBC one which was fungus-ridden.

I did a couple of test shots anyway as the fungus is peripheral and won't matter much, and the lens seems sharp and contrasty.

As for the non-EBC 100mm, some of my pictures with it are here

http://ludoo.smugmug.com/keyword/fujinon%20100mm%202.8#1036353737_pNAzw

What I like about it are its colours, bokeh, and great handling. And mine has lots of scratches on the front element, so in perfect condition it might be even better. If you find a copy grab it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
woodrim wrote:

Progress with the new 100? Sure, somewhat... The lens turned out to have fungus not only on the front lens, but on the back too. The seller was not responding so, after leaving negative feedback, I opened it.

The back cleaned perfectly, but the front is giving me trouble: the fungus is around the back of the first element, which is in a group with two others. The back one unscrews, but the two front ones are held together by a metal ring which seems to be made of two pieces screwed together, but has nothing to get a grip on and does not want to budge. I will probably have to bring it to my repairman, who also cleaned my non-EBC one which was fungus-ridden.

I did a couple of test shots anyway as the fungus is peripheral and won't matter much, and the lens seems sharp and contrasty.

As for the non-EBC 100mm, some of my pictures with it are here

http://ludoo.smugmug.com/keyword/fujinon%20100mm%202.8#1036353737_pNAzw

What I like about it are its colours, bokeh, and great handling. And mine has lots of scratches on the front element, so in perfect condition it might be even better. If you find a copy grab it.

How was affected coating after taht CLA? Just curious.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spleenone wrote:
How was affected coating after taht CLA? Just curious.

No damages to coating, luckily. The scratches remain though, and those are entirely my fault as I forgot the lens in my girlfriend's camera bag without a cap, where it bounced around unprotected next to a Nikkormat and a couple old heavy Nikkors for 5 years. I did not even remember having it. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, to all !
I just pourchased a 135mm /3.5 EBC in X-mount for 9.9 Euro ! Very Happy I am waiting the postage fees from the seller to pay and wait to came .What camera do you suggest?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fujica line?

Well. For me:

1- Mechanical:

ST 801 (last version, word FUJICA NOT embossed at the front and inside the finder, the central diode has a diamont pattern).

ST 605 N If you like the needle in finder system. Very littel and light. Con : shutter from 1/2 to 1/750.

ST 700 line, they are good too.

2- Electronical

ST 901- Electronical shutter stepless and mechanical shutter too.

AZ-1 Light, very good cam. Economical version of the 901. My cam Works very well.

See

http://www.thecamerasite.net/01_SLR_Cameras/Pages/fujica-ST-801.htm

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks !
what about the AX-1 ? I can buy one for 20 E

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got any thoughts of the Fuji 55mm 2.2 lens?? Mine's non EBC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev wrote:
Anyone got any thoughts of the Fuji 55mm 2.2 lens?? Mine's non EBC

The 2,2/55 isn't EBC in M42.

It's a 4 elements in 4 groups. 1 front element and 3 rears.

My experience was bad. I noted my copy as a low contrast lens for the actuall parameters (and of the lens times too). Not very sharp.

It was the economical normal lens of the fuji's system. And was the so-so performer too.

Of course, in the adecuate hands, all the lenses (except the voigtlander zoomar, I guess Laughing ) can give good results.

I curious about the pics taken with your fujinon lens. Please, share them.

Good luck.

Rino.