Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon hype
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Fujinon hype Reply with quote

24/2.8
Click here to see on Ebay

Rolling Eyes

a simple 35/2.8...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Fujinon hype Reply with quote

Phenix jc wrote:
24/2.8

Rolling Eyes

a simple 35/2.8...

Yes and ? . I don't really see where your point is, If you think that the price is too high, well, simply don't buy it (someone else will), no reason to complain about it. Vintage and legacy lenses prices generally tend to rise since there is a brand new market for them: Mirrorless and affordable FF, add to that the video enthusiast .... Keep in mind that legacy lenses in good shape have limited supply.

Last edited by 20Bbl on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:56 pm; edited 5 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exaggerated prices, is there a new hype?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of bidders on both lenses, hype or not - that's the market price. I'd better sell my 55 / 2.2 Wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like oil on the blades, other than that looks good, that price seems fair for 24/2.8 in M42 or any other mount that can adapt easily to EOS.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Looks like oil on the blades, other than that looks good, that price seems fair for 24/2.8 in M42 or any other mount that can adapt easily to EOS.

+1, maybe a bit on the high side, but not extreme.
Also consider that ebc fujinons are less common than takumars - for example - or other lenses from major japanese makers of the time, and they have a (well deserved, if you ask me) good reputation.

I had that 2.8/35 and I liked it very much.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price looks ok to me. They are produced in much less numbers than the other big brands.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think it's too much money, don't look at the Leica R 28 Elmarit version 2.
But then again you have an impressive collection of f1.2 lenses, any hype there?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not hype, it's market. If the lens is overpriced, the market will eventually correct itself.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not market ,it is not a question of money but ego: be strongest and take away the bid even if the price is exaggerated

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMDBill wrote:
be strongest and take away

That's exactly what free market is.