Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujifilm X-E1 new EVIL
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Fujifilm X-E1 new EVIL Reply with quote

same great sensor as X-Pro1, smaller body, EVF, improved AF and MF, cheaper
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/fujifilm-x-e1/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had just last week rented, and loved, the ricoh gxr m mount module. i sent it back to popflash and started talking to them about buying the kit...then THIS happened! AARGH!!!
tony

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony I remember you loved the articulating EVF Wink
Will the Fuji have focus peaking?

anyway, very exciting days ahead, in 3 days Sony will announce the NEX6, in less than a week Photokina starts. Rumored to be announced is a "cheap" Nikon FF dSLR and I am sure there will be a few surprises, Canon must do something at the high end and mirrorless is only just starting and taking off, FF mirrorless are on the horizon.

ok, more teasing Wink
http://www.fujirumors.com/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes andreas i really do like the articulating evf, its great for street shots and candids, which is really a lit of what i like to do. but there is something about these fujis damn them! i just have to keep saying to myself 'i have an x100 and an x10' 'i have an x100 and an x10' 'i have an x100 and an x10'... Laughing
tony

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony them Fujis sure have the looks! ( allow me to say very "masculine"? do you think the ladies would notice? Laughing )
IQ should be same as X-Pro1, will be tops!
If AF really is improved it must be simply great with it's very good native AF lenses, and it looks as if there are more very interesting lenses to come.
For manual lenses I am less sure but let's see.
( and well, I don't want to spoil this thread about a new exciting camera with some personal preferences Wink )

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i agree with you. i think the quality with af lenses is second to none, and the 'reasonable' lens prices (comparatively to top can-nikon pro lenses) make this system a potentially fabulous one. for me to swtich over to AF the system needs to be a little more mature in terms of lens selection. i have my eye on the supposedly upcoming 10-24/4, 23/1.4, 28/2.8 pancake and 56/1.4. when those are in, i will most likely switch over and probably sell off my RF equipment. for now, i will wait for photokina to end, then probably switch to the gxr m mount. anyway, thats how i feel today! Razz Laughing
tony

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, glad you like the GXR, I found out that I am addicted to GXR's focus assist mode 2 and cannot shoot without it. So, I am hoping that Fuji will have some kind of focus peaking implemented with their improved EVF. Did you also rent a XPro and see if you like the files?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex, you mean that gray thing? in 7 days i couldnt figure out how to use that gray thingy and what i was suppoosed to look for to focus! shows how dumb i am! Laughing

no i havent yet rented the xpro. the xe has me freaked out, and i keep going back and forth, but i think im going to wait til the end of photokina, then probably get a used gxr and wait til the xpro lens line matures...maybe

btw alex, i really did like the gxr. frankly i was amazed at how much i could see the distinct character of different lenses i used. if you have a minute check out some of my results from different lenses here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/ricoh-gxrandrf-lenses-off-to-the-races-t52444.html

would be great to get your point of view.

tony

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, it's the gray thing, I couldn't go back to regular magnification only focus assist or peaking. Laughing

I agree that using GXR is like seeing a naked lens. Sensor with AA filter now feels like there is a layer of frog on top of the image compared with the clarity of AA-less sensor, use it with modern Zeiss it is stunning.

Really like your third and the last images in that thread. Smile

I too want to see how the X lenses line develop, especially if the later prime will have faster internal focusing and better focus by wire implementation. The 35/1.4 has me drooling. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I see a FF EVIL camera then I may start to get interested.