Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujifilm Finepix S3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an S3 Pro and very much like the colour. Currently, I am using a new digital lens (a cheap Sigma 18-200mm). Here are some examples using a Fuji S3 Pro.
I don't think I have any problem at all with the metering at all.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colours looks great. Are these JPEGs straight from the camera?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the reason people buy the Fuji cameras? Just boost the vibrance and saturation sliders in RAW and save money.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some photographers knew why they chose Fuji DSLR cameras.... their colours! I heard that wedding photographers liked the camera very much because of their wide dynamic range. Unfortunately, others played catch up years after the introduction of the S2 Pro, S3 Pro and S5 Pro. Now, other pro cameras may have equal or surpass the colour introduced by the older Fuji's DSLR. I wish that Fuji will develop the new S7 Pro!

Attached are some additional photos taken with S2 Pro as well as the latest S5 Pro. Most of them are out of the box shots, only cropping and I always use JPEG files, not RAW (although others say it will produce better photos, I stick to JPEG because of smaller size, and easier to get the results)

Taken with S2 Pro - Sigma 18-200mm lens

Taken with S5 Pro using Sigma 18-200 or Tamron 18-270mm:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive colours indeed!
I wish Kodak had done a similarly good job with their FF sensors but alas.....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning shots!!

BTW, the Fuji S3 body can take either xD or CF cards right?

Thx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. The S3 Pro takes both xD and CF cards. The older S2 Pro takes SM and CF cards.

I used Kodak rechargeable alkaline AA batteries, and they work OK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Aniramca.

Question: Have you ever tried that multiple exposure mode? I wonder how well it works?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad still has and uses his S2 Pro and he resists any attempt to talk him into a new cam. Wink He loves his Fuji.

stingOM wrote:

Question: Have you ever tried that multiple exposure mode? I wonder how well it works?

I have and it's kind of nice. Of course you have more possibilities with Photoshop, but the in-cam version of the Fuji works pretty well, once you find out how to use it. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, for RAF raw file conversion which program do you use? Hyper Utility or
s7RAW?

THX