Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujicolor 100 in black and white chemistry!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Fujicolor 100 in black and white chemistry! Reply with quote

I bought lots of expired fujicolor 100 for about 10 yen (about 10 cents) a roll. It's expensive to have c41 film developed in Japan (550 yen just for the negatives) so I tried to develop a couple of rolls in black and white chemicals. I was inspired by this guy's results.
http://darkshape.blogspot.jp/2011/12/49-guide-to-developing-c-41-films-in-b.html

Thanks for looking Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, just starting to read about developing c-41 in black and white because I am more then interested. According to google 550 yen is 3.89 pounds right now oh man that's cheap I pay twice that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a lot of C41 in BW work, never managed to get anything that approached a real bw film in quality, sadly.

The Fuji Hunt Xpress C-41 kit is wonderful, about 60ukp but will do at least 60 films.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nurkov wrote:
nice series, just starting to read about developing c-41 in black and white because I am more then interested. According to google 550 yen is 3.89 pounds right now oh man that's cheap I pay twice that.

Thanks

That 550 yen is just for the negatives. No prints or scan to CD. I heard it was cheaper in the UK.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I did a lot of C41 in BW work, never managed to get anything that approached a real bw film in quality, sadly.

The Fuji Hunt Xpress C-41 kit is wonderful, about 60ukp but will do at least 60 films.

Fuji hunt xpress kit seems good value. Might have to investigate.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, make it up in 1 litre batches and it lasts a while. I find it works best with Fuji films, well, it works most consistently with Fuji films, I have always had good results using fuji with the kit, and mixed results with other types of film, sometimes great, sometimes not so great. Ferrania films came out horrible for instance.

If you look in the colour film gallery, there's a lot of threads i started with examples of diy c41.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, I've thought of making up a batch of caffenol and deving a roll of Vista.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:
nurkov wrote:

Thanks

That 550 yen is just for the negatives. No prints or scan to CD. I heard it was cheaper in the UK.

Wandering slightly off-topic but relevant to C41 processing and prices...

Local ASDA supermarket is...

7 rolls - 4 B+W,3 colour. 3 separate CDs - 2x image sizes for each film, CDs take up to 3 x rolls film . Negs on film uncut if requested. £17.50 . Those prices make me lazy enough tae not get off my ass and develop my own films. Even though it was a new year resolution.

Fuji Frontier machine... examples

Cool

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Developing C41 film in B/W chemicals is the "photographic equivalent of anal sex" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Pretty decent results - what developer and times did you use?
Here locally rebranded C41 films from Fuji/Kodak costs often less than 1€ per 36exp roll.
If you whish I could send you a package with 10-20 or maybe more rolls.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
Developing C41 film in B/W chemicals is the "photographic equivalent of anal sex" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Pretty decent results - what developer and times did you use?
Here locally rebranded C41 films from Fuji/Kodak costs often less than 1€ per 36exp roll.
If you whish I could send you a package with 10-20 or maybe more rolls.

Nice analogy. Very Happy

Thanks for offering to send some cheap film (Thus forum has the best forum members on the web Very Happy ). But I can get cheap Fujicolor film over here. Also I still have about 20 rolls of Agfa Vista 200 I bought in the UK in January.