Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujica ST801
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Fujica ST801 Reply with quote

Lightmeter is works, but not accurate. Any experience ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inaccurate how?

Reading several stops high seems to be a common problem with this camera model. You can either open it up and readjust it manually or set the film speed two (or however many) stops lower on the dial. So for this example, 100 speed film would be set at around 25asa on the camera. See if that works for you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Inaccurate how?

Reading several stops high seems to be a common problem with this camera model. You can either open it up and readjust it manually or set the film speed two (or however many) stops lower on the dial. So for this example, 100 speed film would be set at around 25asa on the camera. See if that works for you.

Yes , this is happen show false low value. Perhaps re-adjusting the best idea so you have any link about adjusting ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are directions for solving issues on the st701: http://www.pentax-manuals.com/fujica/top1/st701_battery_fix.htm

I can't be sure whether any of the information is applicable. If the system is the same, then making the necessary compensation does not appear very difficult.

~Marc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the solution for the ST701 doesn't fit for the ST801. The ST701 was built for a mercury battery, the ST801 needs a 6V silver battery. So the recipe for adjusting the camera for use of a silver battery is probably not the way to go. May be the battery is nearly exhausted or the contacts are not clean enough?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
I think that the solution for the ST701 doesn't fit for the ST801. The ST701 was built for a mercury battery, the ST801 needs a 6V silver battery. So the recipe for adjusting the camera for use of a silver battery is probably not the way to go. May be the battery is nearly exhausted or the contacts are not clean enough?

Also a good advice I will check it out thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the intention of the st701 vs. the st801. But essentially what the procedure offers is to recalibrate for a meter that consistently reads a certain degree off, irregardless of whether the power is 1.35v, 6v, or nuclear. If Attila's meter is erratic, then this won't work. But if it reads something consistently off, I don't see a reason why this wouldn't, other than a complete change in the internals of the two cameras.

But yes, the battery should be checked along with the contacts before anything is done as this is a semi-permanent solution. I thought that went without saying. This is a last resort strategy to be sure.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this is logical if I lucky there is a potentiometer to adjust light meter.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had the same problem in my ST 801: erratic meter.

No technical man wanted to take this to repair, because they were afraid that to open the cam would damage the old contacts, etc.

The technician Not so workers here. Confused

Rino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
i had the same problem in my ST 801: erratic meter.

No technical man wanted to take this to repair, because they were afraid that to open the cam would damage the old contacts, etc.

The technician Not so workers here. Confused

Rino

Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got an ST801, having meter issues.

The meter leds do light up, but it is metering very strangely.

I am using a 6V Alkaline battery (new) - am I wrong in presuming this will make little difference compared to a silver oxide battery?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

syscrusher wrote:
Just got an ST801, having meter issues.

The meter leds do light up, but it is metering very strangely.

I am using a 6V Alkaline battery (new) - am I wrong in presuming this will make little difference compared to a silver oxide battery?

Perhaps this is the reason why all of them have trouble 4x1,35 lot less than 4x1.5V I am using hearing aid batteries successfully in my light meter. This is my mercury battery replacement solution. MIght be I will give it a try to check hearing aid cells in ST801.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive my ignorance - it appears the problem on the user side of the viewfinder.

Long story short - I should have read the manual more thoroughly...

Specifically the part beginning with "If you are using a lens other than one of the Fujinon interchangeable designed for the ST801"...

All appears to be well (apart from the light seals).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

syscrusher wrote:
Forgive my ignorance - it appears the problem on the user side of the viewfinder.

Specifically the part beginning with "If you are using a lens other than one of the Fujinon interchangeable designed for the ST801"...

Embarassed Embarassed Works trouble free now I had to set as described in manual. Many, many thanks!

Image taken from www.butkus.org you able to find many free camera manuals there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, oh jeeze...we always think we know everything after handling a couple old SLRs but there are always those little quirks.

Glad it was solved!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Haha, oh jeeze...we always think we know everything after handling a couple old SLRs but there are always those little quirks.

Glad it was solved!

Laughing Laughing Exactly .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All's well that ends well!

Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

syscrusher wrote:
All's well that ends well!

Smile

YES! You made my day! Thanks again!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
syscrusher wrote:

Embarassed Embarassed Works trouble free now I had to set as described in manual. Many, many thanks!

Image taken from www.butkus.org you able to find many free camera manuals there.

Resurrecting this old thread to say thanks, I had also missed the part on locking the DFB when using other lenses and thought the meter was shot but now it gives me perfect readings.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Ron