Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

fujica g690--anyone use one?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: fujica g690--anyone use one? Reply with quote

i have been reading some about this really interesting medium format camera, styled after a leica rangefinder (http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Fujica_G690). this early version (different from the 'fixed' lens gw series) had interchangeable lenses, but came with an ebc 100/3.5 that is very highly regarded. camera shoots both 120 and 220, and while heavy, seems much more portable than big 'box' cameras from mamiya etc.

there is no info on this camera here on the forum that i could find, and i was curious if any of our medium format afficianados had any personal experience with it? i thought it would make an interesting topic to learn about...
tony

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea, this cameras on my wish list long time ago.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbazz (Sébastien Lallement) is the go-to guy:

http://www.lallement.com/pictures/G690.html

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one but use it very little now. It really is a brick to use but the negs are worth the effort. I prefer to use the Bessa - a feather in comparison - but that doesn't have a wide angle option... Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpres wrote:
I have one but use it very little now. It really is a brick to use but the negs are worth the effort. I prefer to use the Bessa - a feather in comparison - but that doesn't have a wide angle option... Wink

Why do you prefer Bessa ? Quality , size ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

I'm gonna put my money on *weight* is why he likes the Bessa.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Attila wrote:

Smile Probably, Heavy RF has not so much benefits vs SLR and SLR more versatile camera usually.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Katastrofo wrote:
Attila wrote:

Smile Probably, Heavy RF has not so much benefits vs SLR and SLR more versatile camera usually.

You got it, the fuji weighs a ton around your neck - OK for a while but it soon reminds you it's there. If you're used to a 1D with flash and big lens then it won't bother you. Bessa gives same size negs for less weight. But like I said, the fuji allows different lenses, although I only have the 65, so it does have its uses.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey express: is the fujica so much bigger and heavier than say a pentacon 6? i dont have much problem with the P6, though many do...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say about the same although I'll check side by side. the fuji may well be heavier.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the answer about weight

>>>>>

Complete with its standard 100/3.5 lens, the camera weighs 2015g — compare 2300g for the Pentax 6×7 with its 105/2.4 lens, released one year later.....

For a real photo enthusiast 2000 gr (+) is nothing .....

Cool

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick side by side.... The fuji is bigger and heavier.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys need to workout more!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, i recently took a mamiya universal press and 2 backs on a 2 week tour of the southwest--the pentacon and fuji are 'compacts' compared with that rig!