Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fuji Superior 200, Minolta X300S, Rokkor 1.8/55
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Fuji Superior 200, Minolta X300S, Rokkor 1.8/55 Reply with quote

A trip out yesterday and results from the Rokkor:

Tynemouth Pier by skida, on Flickr

Tynemouth Lighthouse Sunnier Side by skida, on Flickr

Sailing in by skida, on Flickr

Rusty Ring by skida, on Flickr

Half 'n Half by skida, on Flickr

Last edited by skida on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah you don't mind Fuji as well Wink For me it's always nice to see quality film shots.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 'scal. I'm not usually this fortunate with the light. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Ah you don't mind Fuji as well Wink For me it's always nice to see quality film shots.

+1 they are really, really good !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning detail. I wish my scanner would be as good
Is it your own scanner or was it scanned by a lab? The scans are looking expensive

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 and 4 are for me really good. I like the colours and detail. The quality of scanning is great, much better than what I've ever managed. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. These results were from the local lab scan. They are okay for uploading, but the file sizes are only about 1 MB, so enlargements for printing would require a better scan.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results, these give me that sunny Saturday morning feel Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
Thanks all. These results were from the local lab scan. They are okay for uploading, but the file sizes are only about 1 MB, so enlargements for printing would require a better scan.

Yeah, for the basic price these labs only make a low res scan suitable for 10x15cm prints. For anything larger prices quickly go up. I've only had a couple of films scanned by the lab and the quality was similar. Even at this small size the apparent level of detail and sharpness is a lot better than what I get with flatbed or even dedicated film scanners. But then again, home scanning is free, it only takes time... Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must confess I don't know a Rokkor 50mm 1.8, only te old 55mm Auto Rokkor-PF for the SR camera's. Shocked
Not mentioned on http://minolta.eazypix.de/lenses/ either.
Do you have a picture of the lens?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops! Embarassed

It is a 55mm lens, Minolfan. I changed all the photo details and tags in Flickr after typing "50" there, and then typed it again in the title here. I have changed it to the correct "55" now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
It is a 55mm lens, Minolfan. I changed all the photo details and tags in Flickr after typing "50" there, and then typed it again in the title here. I have changed it to the correct "55" now.

Very Happy Very Happy Thanks, I was really confused!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy Thanks, I was really confused!

Welcome to skida's world! Laughing