Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fuji Fujinon 55mm f2.2 Lens Radioactive
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex_d wrote:
fujinon 55 2.2 lens is famous its radiation and its harming radiation effect to the people.
lens was sold in huge numbers in Asia due to its affordable price and decent quality.
Many photographers in Asia saw it as a great value for money, making it an extremely popular choice.
A lot of females who were in contact with lens and later gave birth, had to cope with the phenomenon of 'siamese twins' syndrome.

I hope you are kidding. This is just ludicrous false information

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kymarto wrote:
alex_d wrote:
fujinon 55 2.2 lens is famous its radiation and its harming radiation effect to the people.
lens was sold in huge numbers in Asia due to its affordable price and decent quality.
Many photographers in Asia saw it as a great value for money, making it an extremely popular choice.
A lot of females who were in contact with lens and later gave birth, had to cope with the phenomenon of 'siamese twins' syndrome.

well, it gets even better:
those women were so pissed off that they blackmailed FujiFilm to do 'something BIG" for them otherwise they would expose it all to the media and opponents and destroy the brand.
FujiFilm understood that 'Big" as bigger film format and they came out with with the GF model and handed over free examples to some.
And so started GF series ..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex_d wrote:
kymarto wrote:
alex_d wrote:

those women were so pissed off that they blackmailed FujiFilm to do 'something BIG" for them otherwise they would expose it all to the media and opponents and destroy the brand.
FujiFilm understood that 'Big" as bigger film format and they came out with with the GF model and handed over free examples to some.

I think it is safe to say that the joke in alex_d's first post got lost on some of us... Wink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RokkorDoctor wrote:
alex_d wrote:
kymarto wrote:
alex_d wrote:

I think it is safe to say that the joke in alex_d's first post got lost on some of us... Wink

Joking often does not translate well in a forum much of whose membership speaks another language, using English as the medium. A Smile would have helped make clear the post was a joke. Aside from all that there are people in the world who believe some pretty unbelievable stuff. I feel it is better to be kind and ask. The joke is highly inappropriate imho. It contains racism and politics -- both not allowed here. Worse, it is misinformation with possible disinformational intent, which could be picked up not only by naive humans but some stupid GPT as well and restated as fact.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what ..?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer to get back on topic and see some image samples.

I must admit, unless a 50(ish)mm lens is F1.4 or faster, I wouldn't give it a 2nd glance (as I've loads of 50s collecting dust).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MFL member caspert79 posted a nice image here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/x-fujinon-55mm-f-2-2-on-16mm-extension-ring-t84993.html#top

And I took a couple snaps recently with my Sony A7ii and M42 55mm. Both shots at f/2.2, the first one used a short extension ring:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested my lenses recently and there were a few surprises.

#1 Fujinon.W 35mm 3.5 1.15 µSv/h

My 2 Fujinon 55mm f/2.2 not radioactive.

Macro Hexanon 55mm f3.5 macro, low activity

Macro Takumar 50mm f4 1:1 low activity.

Steinheil Auto-D-Quinon 55mm 1.9 Zebra:

#3 Instamatic 814 5.93 kCPM

#4 Ektanar 44mm 2.8 5 µSv/h

#5 For reference a real hottie: Super Takumar 50mm 1.4.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl Zeiss Jena Prakticar 50mm 1.4 version 1: 15.8 µSv/h.

MC W.Rokkor 28mm 2.5 SI: 2.43 µSv/h. Not so bad.

Super Takumar 55mm 1.8: 7 µSv/h.

Olympus Zuiko 55mm 1.2 16.2 µSv/h.