Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FS: Leica/Leitz Elmarit-R 90mm f/2.8 - Nikon F mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: FS: Leica/Leitz Elmarit-R 90mm f/2.8 - Nikon F mount Reply with quote

As indicated in anohter thread (about sale of my MR-Telyt-R 500) I'm trimming my colection of lenses to fund a venture into rangefinder territory and I have realised that this one is very rarely used, so my very nice Leitz Emlarit-R 90mm lens is for sale.

It is presently converted to Nikon F (thank you leitax!), but you can get it with the original Leica R mount with CAMs etc, if you are not interested in the F mount. If you want the F mount, I suggest you also take the R mount, so you have the possibility to re-convert the lens to R mount. If you do not want the F mount, please let me know, since it represents a value of about €70.

These sell for about €300; I'm open to sensible offers but expect around €275 (including the F mount). Payment by PayPal; shipping paid for by buyer (a word of warning: Royal Danish Mail is b**** expensive - quotes upon request).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jakob,

I have been thinking about getting a cron 90, do you know how the elmarit compares?

How much would shipping be to Australia, postcode 3766?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve

I googled "elmarit summicron 90" and one of the first hits was this thread: http://photo.net/leica-rangefinders-forum/008WgF

There's some nice info there; of course, the APO is much sharper than any of the other 90mm Leicas; in fact, it is probably one of the finest Leica lenses ever made. It is also about ten times the price of my Elmarit Wink

A few of the poster in there actually prefer my version over all of the other (including the Summicron); apparently then, it's all a matter of taste and style.

Shipping to Australia (insured for €275) is €50 (sorry, but that is the official price; DKK 371...). Uninsured priority (7 to 8 business days to recipient) is €35 and economy (10-11 business days to Aussie land + "local" delivery) is €30. I would recommend insured priority (€35) EDIT: €50, sorry!

Last edited by integrale on Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jakob,

I have been researching your lens, but i am a little confused, i hope you can help me out.

Refering to this site, This image looks like you lens.

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/90mm_f/2.8_Elmarit-R_I

The serial # refers to the second version of the lens.

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/90mm_f/2.8_Elmarit-R_II

Can you clarify which version it is?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, maybe this will help..

the shown Version is the 3 cam Version, made for Leica R3, 4,5...
you can see this on the serial number and also on the engraving of the
90mm on the lens.. also the filter tread mount has changed from Series 7 (special Leica mount which need special filter from Leica) to E55

to find out, on what year the lens was produced, look at this link to forum_member TAUNUSREITER

http://www.taunusreiter.de/Cameras/Leica_Lenses_Serial_Numbers.txt

so this lens is build in 1979.

The older ones.. build for Leicaflex + SL, do not have the engravings and are only 2-cam

IMHO.. sorry, but the price of this offered lens is a bit to high.

Sometimes i did think to rebuy one, and did have some offers, in the same price-range.. sometimes cheaper.
But i did go for the Summicron 2/90mm

Pardon for the direct words.

Henry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, I was also confused by the links to l-camera-forum; it appears that the images do not match completely?!?

Henry, I think you got at right - except the price bit, of course Very Happy

I too, prefer direct communication to eliminate misunderstandings. On the other hand, if you find the price to high, don't buy it...

Actually, I also have the Elpro macro attachment; this can be included without extra cost.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens is no longer available.