Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FS: Canon Fd 50mm f/1.4 S.S.C
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: FS: Canon Fd 50mm f/1.4 S.S.C Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Canon 50mm f/1.4 S.S.C in Fd mount for sale, asking $45 + $4 shipping.

- Optics are PERFECT no scratches, no fungus, lens body looks new, focus is fine.
- The blades DO have oil on them, so stopping down to f/16 can be slightly slow, but it moves all the way from f/1.4 to f/16.
- Prefer Money Order, can accept PayPal for additional charge.
- I am in the US, prefer US customers but can ship world wide.

Can e-mail pics if interested.

Thank you,
autotak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

hi from spain...

i think this canon needs a cleaning.. i can offer you 28$.. what about shipping cost for spain?

cheers.

andrés

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guatipen,

I arrived at $45 since the 50/1.4 SSC in perfect condition tends to sell for $75+ (eBay, KEH). The oil only really affects f/11 - f/16, so I think 40% discount seems "fair". Everything else is brand new looking.

If I am out of line, please someone chime in and let me know.

autotak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can this lens be successfully mounted on a 5D with conversion and get infinity focus? Also are you in the states?
-Jim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Schemel wrote:
Can this lens be successfully mounted on a 5D with conversion and get infinity focus?

I'll answer for autotak, and he can add to it if he wants. An FD lens can be converted to mount on an EOS camera. The 5D has mirror interference issues with some lenses, though, so this is something you'll need to be aware of. We have at least one member here -- trifox, I believe? -- who, as part of his business, converts FD glass to EOS.

The only other option is to use a converter with glass to maintain infinity focus. Speaking from experience, I have found that the converter doesn't appreciably soften images, but at aperture settings faster than f/4, there's quite a bit of flare in many photographic situations.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

As cooltouch mentioned, several FD lenses can be adapted for EOS but I have not done it personally. If I had the time, I would actually keep it and try to adapt it myself, I really liked the images from this 50mm.

I am going to start a new FS posting with all of the FD stuff I have including pics, hopefully this isn't an un-kosher thing to do. Please see this thread which includes pictures: http://forum.mflenses.com/fs-ft-canon-fd-lenses17mm-f-4-28mm-f-3-5-50mm-f-4-70-210-t23203.html

If a moderator sees this request please close/lock this thread.

- autotak