Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Friedrich S-Coronar 75mm f/2.8 on A7RII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:21 am    Post subject: Friedrich S-Coronar 75mm f/2.8 on A7RII Reply with quote

An industrial double-Gauss lens which does pretty good for close-up photos. There are at least two different variants: one with the name Friedrich with SN on the id tag and the other one with only S-Coronar and Germany.

This lens is a bit different from the other west Germany in my possesion. I would say this lens fits into the modern vintage category. It has vintage character while it also has good resolution. Let us go straight to the samples.

(The samples below are converted from raw to jpeg using the camera standard profile in Adobe Lightroom. Clarity and vibrance both set to +16. It is best to download the photos and view them at 100%. The bird's photos are slightly cropped.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Friedrich S-Coronar 75mm f/2.8 on A7RII Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

An industrial double-Gauss lens which does pretty good for close-up photos. There are at least two different variants: one with the name Friedrich with SN on the id tag and the other one with only S-Coronar and Germany.

This lens is a bit different from the other west Germany in my possesion. I would say this lens fits into the modern vintage category. It has vintage character while it also has good resolution. Let us go straight to the samples.

(The samples below are converted from raw to jpeg using the camera standard profile in Adobe Lightroom. Clarity and vibrance both set to +16. It is best to download the photos and view them at 100%. The bird's photos are slightly cropped.)

Wonderful - love these two in particular! Seems like the lens feels right at home around that distance, which makes it a great choice for portraits and likely shooting video.

Thanks for sharing these! Does the lens hood make a significant difference with these lenses from your experience?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends

Flare resistant of this lens is not bad consider it is not multi-coated. I don't expect there will be big difference without the hood if the lens is used on an overcast day. On a sunny day like this it does make a difference.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! Like 1

I'd take it over any Samyang or Sigma for these kind of shots.

Reminds me of the medium format 645 lenses like the Pentax 75mm 2.8 while adapted to FF. Sharp and well behaved.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
Looks great! Like 1

Reminds me of the medium format 645 lenses like the Pentax 75mm 2.8 while adapted to FF. Sharp and well behaved.

Yes. Medium format look! Laugh 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
blotafton wrote:
Looks great! Like 1

Yes. Medium format look! Laugh 1

From my experience with these lenses this one also likely is a fantastic portrait lens wide open.