Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FREE FILM CAMERAS, LENSES, and FLASH
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: FREE FILM CAMERAS, LENSES, and FLASH Reply with quote

Before I posted this I sent it to Attila and he authorized it.

I have some quality items that as far as I can tell would go nowhere on Ebay - would bring in very very little money if sold at all. I have too much equipment as it is and I thus offer some of it for free to MFlenses people. There seems to have recently been on MFlenses a rebirth of interest in and use of film. I would like to help that along, especially for people who do not have or have only limited film camera equipment.

I would give priority to PARTICIPATING members - those who have contributed at least a decent handful of posts.

Next Priority would be MFlenses MEMBERS who are lurkers or who have only very recently joined.

Finally anyone who wants it.

The Tamrons, singly or both, would go to the first person(s) who claims it or them without regard to any other choice of equipment. Thus someone can take the Tamrons and still choose from other items.

The cameras come with the stated lens and your choice of flash.

The 3 very good Rikenons, one per person, would each first go to someone who has not chosen a camera, etc.

The items are in Chicago. BUT I WILL SHIP TO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.

Anyone interested should send me a PM - first sent, first chance to get an item - for any of this. I will give priority for 72 hours after I post this to participating members, then to other members, and then to anyone. Put otherwise, if interested in any of this, whatever your "status," send a PM as soon as possible stating the items(s) no matter what your status. You could, in the PM, state multiple choices in a ordered list so that if you do not get your first choice, you might get some other one. But do this only if you are really interested in more than one item.

I will post who has obtained what in this thread rather than responding to each email.

I said free and anywhere in the world. But you need to pay for the shipment and pay for it only by Paypal and finally add $4USD to cover the Paypal fee and shipping material.

Many members are in Europe. For example, US Priority Mail for a 2 lb package would be, depending on the European country, either 27.25USD or 29.75USD. First class Mail that takes very, very much longer is 17.64USD.

This is a significant expense. It might be made more reasonable if you wish something(s) I still have on Ebay, including a few items that did not sell and can be seen by looking at my completed items. Most of these items are very light in weight and would not add much (or anything if Priority Mail) to the shipment of the free equipment. You can see my few not sold and still active items by searching for seller jmiro, my handle there and here. Any not sold item would sell to you at a reduced price. If you are interested in any active item(s), you need to tell me in a PM since I would need to open that country or even sometimes that part of the world for you to bid.

Free items follow.

There are four film cameras:

Black Pentax MV - SMC Pentax M 50 f2 tested w/ film

Konica TC Hexanon AR 50 f1.7

Yashica FX-3 Yashica ML 50 f2

Yashica FR Yashica ML 50 f1.7

The last is the nicest from the standpoint of features. All of the lenses are very good ones.

All the shutter speeds accord with factory specs - less than 1/3 stop off - except for the top speed that has a slightly greater "allowance." Most cameras of this age creak past 1/500.

All of the meters except the FX-3 work properly. The FX-3 meter does not work at all. None of the others are more than a stop or so off in a linear fashion and that can be compensated for by adjusting the ASA setting.

All are really in need of mirror bumpers and rear seals if used in any serious way. Good kits are available on Ebay for less than $10 USD.

One can easily use M42 lenses on any of these cameras with an M42 adapter. The Contax/Yashica M42 adapters standardly have a flange and are much less finicky than Pentax's M42 though they are the same film to flange distance. The Konica adapters have no flange.

There are 5 flashes all of which work in all the ways they should and work with any of the above cameras.

Starblitz 18T
Achiever 115A
Promatic Tel 2450
Vivitar 201
Vivitar 151

Now individual lenses:

M42 Sears (Rikenon) 55/1.8
M42 Rikenon 55/1.8
PK mount Rikenon P 50 f1.7
and as a throw away for anybody who asks for it with any of the above
Industar 50-2 50 f3.5

2 Tamron Adaptalls with some problems:

80-200 f3.8-4 #103A - very very slight touch of fungus to one side of what seems like second element

35-80 f2.8-3.5 Macro to 1:2 #QZ-35M - much more fungus on several elements

These last two can go to the first person to ask - does not have to be 2 people.
I add these Tamrons since some members have shown their enjoyment of and skill in cleaning fungus.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice from you! Many thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: 2 Tamron Zooms Reply with quote

The two Tamron zooms have been taken by member Cooltouch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very very kind of you.

Of all the items you have I must admit the Yasjhica FR with 1.7/50 really stands out for me personally.
The FR was my first Camera and I still own it today along with a 1.7/50.
This combo is fantastic and fully capable of making amazing images.

Surely there will be some happy folks coming from this post.

Surprised

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent a PM, but I would love one of the Yashicas with the 50mm lens. Preferably the f1.7. Would also really like to have one of the Rikenon 55's if nobody else takes them. I broke my Rikenon 50 and have missed it dearly.

This is such a nice gesture!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, this a great!
Would love to have the Yashica FR Yashica ML 50 f1.7 and a M42 Rikenon.
But since I live in Europe sending may be expensive, let's wait if anybody from across the ocean would want them first
well, and I do not own any working flash...

I do not have experience with the other lenses, but the one I know, the Pentax M 50/2, is a great, very much underrated lens and small and cute like a pancake

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
You are the man! If I did not buy the lenses from you and my camera did not stop working this weekend Evil or Very Mad , I might consider one of the m42 lenses.
Good luck to the people who get these stuff, and really thankful for you and the guys here offering free good stuff on this forum to the people needs them which is not seen anywhere throughout the internet. Smile
PS, your lenses arrived last Friday, I missed the mailman. Might get them tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. After I got the lenses, I will write review on ebay although I can not test the lenses on my camera. Mad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to get in on this Very Happy

guess I have to post more

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hats off to you jmiro - great initiative!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent Pm
-Jim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: All but one gone Reply with quote

All of the items but one offered in this thread are in the mail to or have been received by participating members. For what it is worth, there was only one USA shipment but 4 to Europe.

The one item left is a Yashica FR film camera with a Yashica ML 50 f1.9 lens. A participating member has not responded to me in the past week though he asked for it and was offered the camera. Thus I offer this camera again and will do so more fully in a new thread - LAST FREE FILM CAMERA - to make matters less complicated.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to publicly thank jmiro for his generosity. Yesterday I received the Pentax MV w/50mm f/2 SMCP, and the two fungus-infected Tamrons.

I have already partially dismounted the Tamron 80-210 and cleaned the first infected element, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting the ring loose that holds in place the next element, which also has a bit of interior fungus. I'll probably have to obtain a better spanner than the one I own, which doesn't work all that well if a ring is very tight.

The Pentax MV is surprisingly clean and seems to work correctly more-or-less. It's an aperture-priority only camera with the only other settings being x-sync and B. I've noticed that it's sort of sticky on the B setting. At very low light levels, it seems that the aperture-priority function takes over and meters the scene, since the mirror does not return when I release the button, but instead returns some seconds later, the time being dependent on how dark the scene is. Speaking of metering dark scenes, though, I've found that the camera will apparently meter down to 48 seconds at ISO 100. I found this out by tripping the shutter with the lens cap on, then counting the seconds until it closed. This low-light level metering capability is an unexpected feature.

I'll be loading it up with some print film today probably, and we'll see how well it does.

It's nice having a K-mount body also, since I can try out the Kalimar 28-200mm I just bought. Here are a couple of shots of the MV, which include the Kalimar zoom: