Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fortunately I didn´t have to slaughter myself
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Fortunately I didn´t have to slaughter myself Reply with quote

The packet arrived yesterday from the Netherlands, just when I was leaving for a overnight trip, so I didn´t have any time to take test pictures.

After placing an order, they sent me an e-mail, saying (Dutch translated with Babelfish):

"Please note: in some case eps your parcel must label at the border concerning. Your parcel goes then with a another alignment number further and at monitoring of the lineline line site then will be indicated: consignment lack/not to trace. You slaughter yourself that case no care, your parcel still underway and within the normal delivery period at you are provided."

I just wonder, did they mean:

“No need to slaughter yourself” or “If you slaughter yourself, we don´t care.” Cool

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it!

(Camera and translation...)

My favourite was a poorly translated from the original Russian Technical and Optical Equipment (T&OE) instruction sheet for a pair of lens caps:

Take first and screw it well as you like, take other and push up backside until comfortable with fit...

Smile

Doug

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Gurdie, great cam! Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Take first and screw it well as you like, take other and push up backside until comfortable with fit...

Was it as comfortable as they implied? Shocked and did that include the lens or just the cap?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pleased to say I tried neither sugestion! lol

Another gem trawled from my memory was the instruction on a Matsushita external CD drive:

If CD should jam and be not able to remove, insert a narrow prick in the hole from the front and it will eject..

Smile

Doug

Mo-Fo wrote:
Quote:

Was it as comfortable as they implied? Shocked and did that include the lens or just the cap?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what make you decide to order from the Netherlands?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: Fortunately I didn´t have to slaughter myself Reply with quote

Gurdie wrote:
The packet arrived yesterday from the Netherlands, just when I was leaving for a overnight trip, so I didn´t have any time to take test pictures.

After placing an order, they sent me an e-mail, saying (Dutch translated with Babelfish):

"Please note: in some case eps your parcel must label at the border concerning. Your parcel goes then with a another alignment number further and at monitoring of the lineline line site then will be indicated: consignment lack/not to trace. You slaughter yourself that case no care, your parcel still underway and within the normal delivery period at you are provided."

I just wonder, did they mean:

“No need to slaughter yourself” or “If you slaughter yourself, we don´t care.” Cool

Paste the Dutch text here ... i think i can translate it for you.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing I would hate to think of the mistakes I would make translating or writing in another language Confused
Thanks I needed a laugh Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
what make you decide to order from the Netherlands?

About 400 euros lower price than here in Finland...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
I'm pleased to say I tried neither sugestion! lol

Another gem trawled from my memory was the instruction on a Matsushita external CD drive:

If CD should jam and be not able to remove, insert a narrow prick in the hole from the front and it will eject..

Smile

Doug

Mo-Fo wrote:
Quote:

ROFLMAO Very Happy !!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurdie's Dutch shipping company's new corporate slogan - "Putting the laughter into slaughter" Wink