Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Foggy and frosty morning, Nikkor 2.0/50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Foggy and frosty morning, Nikkor 2.0/50 Reply with quote

Not very pleasant weather today, but it's interesting for photography. When the sub-zero temperature starts for the season the air is still very humid and it can produce interesting crystal formations. I didn't really have the ideal lens with me for the close-ups. Would have been interesting with some macros also.

IR doesn't change it very much. The colours get more weird than usuall maybe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about to put on some 'shine' on dead digital image. Just a simple contrast fix do job well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreamful images, I love them.
As Attila says, a little contrast bump might improve the darkest ones.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason pictures tend to loose a little saturation when I upload them. I agree with you Attila that a contrast enhancement was in order on this one. I hadn't really processed it at all.

On this one I have increased the saturation and contrast so that the uploaded image looks like the one I see in my library. Still a bit darker than your example. Maybe my monitor is a bit off.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brrr, that weather's on its way here is it? Smile

I actually prefer the lower contrast, or just a tiny boost. The higher contrast makes it look too bright and cheerful, and loses the beauty (?) of these damp, foggy, cold and dark days at this time of year. Very nice shots.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Brrr, that weather's on its way here is it? Smile

I actually prefer the lower contrast, or just a tiny boost. The higher contrast makes it look too bright and cheerful, and loses the beauty (?) of these damp, foggy, cold and dark days at this time of year. Very nice shots.

Thanks!
The weather is better today, so maybe you've got it now Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I agree.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot! Ron and Bob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done Sven!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicely done -I love the ir image.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the color.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You turned a cruddy, soggy morning into a fantastic set. What IR filter do you use?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
nicely done -I love the ir image.

Thanks!
IR tends to transmitt better through haze than visual, but i didn't see any difference with the fog.
I normally don't get this pink sky when I try to white balance so that was a little different

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
You turned a cruddy, soggy morning into a fantastic set. What IR filter do you use?

Thanks David!
It's an IR 720 (720 nanometers). I believe it's a bit better for colour IR than the longer wavelength filters.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus, Bob, Martin,
Thanks for your comments!