Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Focusingscreen/af-confirm-adapter?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Focusingscreen/af-confirm-adapter? Reply with quote

Hi

I have Canon 450D And I got a noname AF confirm adapter.
It has worked fine, untill I broke the chip, trying to mount a Zeiss sonnar 300mm. on it

So my quistion is:

If I change the focusingsscreen to a splitscreen, do I really need an AF confirm adapter?

I think that spending money in a new focusingscreen and then save a lot of money on much cheaper non confirm adapters could make it possible for me to have a larger number of adapters in hand, making it possible to have them mounted on my favorite lenses all the time. This would make them last longer because of the less on and of mounting.

Any surgestions?

Henrik

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Split screen is more accurate than AF cheap , but affect light meter at every aperture except wide open have to compensate on my E-1 body. Quiet inconvenience. To focusing well almost all time need to do it at wide open. Near infinity hard to set focus with split screen. With AF confirmation cheap focusing is fairly easy even if aperture is stopped down well but less accurate. When I turn on AF brackets (shutter fire only if subject in focus) really easy to make sharp pictures and light meter issue at all. So still hard question which one is better.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So focusingscreens affect light metering! Hmm

Maybe I should try a focusingscreen first and then decide on adapters later.

Henrik

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malchauDK wrote:
So focusingscreens affect light metering! Hmm

Maybe I should try a focusingscreen first and then decide on adapters later.

Henrik

A quality focusing screen can be expensive I paid over 100 USD for my KATZ-EYE if I know well you can get best quality on lowest price from our member hk300 (Alex) he use screens taken from film cameras and make it to fit into DSLR. If ever need new screen and his service will be still available I will pickup one from him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good Smile

I just found an ad in a local newspaper, that a guy offers to sell a new Leica R splitscreen for something like 11 Euro.

Is it possible to make it fit in a 450D ?

Not so much money wasted if it fails Smile

Henrik