Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Focusing screens for mf lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Focusing screens for mf lenses Reply with quote

Hello
Could I please have some feedback ragarding focusing screens you employ for your mf lenses as I have a problem in calibrating a screen (Brightscreen) on a 5DmkII which will permit correct focusing. I always seem to be just off point and it is such a pain for the macro shots. I do undertand that "rule of thumb" compensation is probably the right answer but if there were a way around it ...........

thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have problems with

A) what camera focus point indicator shows as in focus in reality is not?

B) what you see through viewfinder indicates focus despite in reality is not?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be precise point B is faulty:
what I see as being "in focus" looking through the camera is actualy slightly out of focus and the resulting picture will evidence that it focused slightly closer to the camera as to the desired object seen as being in focus.
For info in case it may be helpful you need it is a split screen. I actually decided to purchease it after finding it sdifficulty in uding the canon screens.

With regardss to camera focusing point (A) this does seem to work efficiently.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to have front focusing issues: you need to remove the shim above the screen or replace it with a thinner one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try that......