Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Focusing Helicoid Information Requested
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Focusing Helicoid Information Requested Reply with quote

I just came from e*bay and from what I saw after doing a search on "focus helicoid", something popped out. I am asking if my thoughts match up with other members.

Are these all made by the same company? There seems to be a marked similarity in the photos of the items.

It also appears that, perhaps, the four or more sellers offering the same price may be multiple accounts run by the same seller.

Bottom line- which to do - buy the bottom line price because they are all the same, or, go to a higher price hoping the quality may be better?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what kind of camera do you need one or lens ? With little luck you able to find genuine one what is made by camera makers. Those one has zero risk.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOPS!

I need it M42 to M42.

Canon XTi > EOS - M42 confirming adapter > Helicoid > M42 macro ring > lenses from folders

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Pentax PK helicoid and M42 also available from Pentax

Canon XTi > EOS - PK confirming adapter > Helicoid > PK->M42 adapter-> M42 macro ring > lenses from folders

In this case your path looks like this you need to buy two inexpensive adapter + PK helicoid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several member here bought Chinese made helicoid on this forum , they didn't reported any issues.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These from Calvin work pretty well. See:
http://forum.mflenses.com/group-buy-on-helicoid-and-adaptors-end-15-may-t39141.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Received today Reply with quote

I received the focus helicoid I ordered from Big-Is on e*ay. It is very well made and heavily dampened. I did one of those 'offers' and was happy to get it cheaper than advertised. The model I got is 12-17mm m42-m42.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg wrote:
I just came from e*bay and from what I saw after doing a search on "focus helicoid", something popped out. I am asking if my thoughts match up with other members.

Are these all made by the same company? There seems to be a marked similarity in the photos of the items.

It also appears that, perhaps, the four or more sellers offering the same price may be multiple accounts run by the same seller.

Bottom line- which to do - buy the bottom line price because they are all the same, or, go to a higher price hoping the quality may be better?

Most of them are made by the same supplier except those I offered in the group buy.

kds315* wrote:
These from Calvin work pretty well. See:
http://forum.mflenses.com/group-buy-on-helicoid-and-adaptors-end-15-may-t39141.html

The quality of the helicoid from the Supplier A is the best MIC helicoid I have tried. However, they don't have as much choice as those generic helicoids. They have some new helicoids for M4/3 camera which will be available for next groupbuy before Chrismas.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Calvin,

The micro 4/3 version sounds interesting.
Looking forward to your group buy.