Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Focal MC Auto 2.8/135 test pics.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Focal MC Auto 2.8/135 test pics. Reply with quote

These shots are nothing to write home about, but I finally got my M42 adapter in, and I was eager to test this puppy out. I found it in an old camera bag visiting the parentals; my mother was ready to toss it along with a Vivitar M42 2x tele, a Carenar 2.8/35 with a messed up focusing ring and a Yashica 1.9/50mm if I didn't take them off her hands, so I obliged.

The lens isn't much of a forgotten treasure; it's pretty soft until f4, it's got some definite CA issues and virtually no contrast to speak of, but it also has some rather odd, nice bokeh if you ask me. Here are some quick and dirty wide open test shots.

Nothing extraordinary, but certainly interesting enough for the price (namely, free).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've never found anything to complain about when it is free..... Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played a bit more. Contrast is a little better in these shots. It has a built-in lens hood, but that didn't seem to make much of a difference one way or the other. The neat bokeh marches on. Took some photos of the lens as well. That big, grippy focusing ring is probably the best part of this lens; easy to move, butter smooth.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be a good lens for portraits.

Low contrast, has the charm of the that kind of lenses.

Something of the images like me. Perhaps certain atmosphere of mistery.

The lens claims for portraits, I guess.

Rino