Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flute Gals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Flute Gals Reply with quote

The flute section (year 2001) from the amateur and student orchestra I conduct. The gals wanted a sectional rehearsal of the Mozart symphony we were going to play, so naturally I had to take a picture of them.

Yashica 44 TLR, Yashinon 60mm lens, 1/300th at f5.6. Macophot 100 film, developed 1:25 in Rodinal, scanned print on Galerie, grade 2. It really needed grade 3, but I had none at the time. The swirly bohket in the background was actually produced by a loose lens element which I have since tightened. Try as I may, I can't get it back to its former off-center glory, so this photo will have to be a reminder of it! My first "real" camera was a Yashica 44. I still have two, and Frugal Photographer still supplies 127 size film.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wonderful photo, and a great story! The 44's are some nice cameras.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another great oldie that passed through my hands. It was a delightful little camera like a miniature Rolleiflex.