Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

flowers on Nex5 using Asahi Takumar 50mm F1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: flowers on Nex5 using Asahi Takumar 50mm F1.4 Reply with quote

I bought this lens off Rbelyell at the start of the year for $50 damaged.

This was the pic he gave me of it:

It was severely damaged on the end of the barrel, so much so that it was almost seized at the infinity end of focus, and thus was almost unusable. Note: this is how Rbelyell had sold it to me, I can do nothing but completely recommend him as a seller, completely honest, accurate and excellent at postage and packaging.
So I took it to my mate Max Delaway, camera extraordinaire to see what he could do about it. He managed to get the barrel bent back perfectly, so it will even accept a filter, plus he got the focusing almost completely worked out. I am extremely happy. It cost me another $60, but well worth it after I took it for it's first test run on a walk last Sunday around the neighborhood just snapping flowers in the fading evening sunlight. I love the razor thin depth of field this lens has wide open. It renders so differently to my Minolta 50mm F1.4 lens. It does seem to over saturate reds some what, however. I had to do a bit of work to try and save those which is odd. But I still love this lens!! Very Happy
Since I acquired this lens here, I thought it appropriate I share a few from my first test run with the lens.

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

11.)

12.)

13.)

14.)

15.)

16.)

17.)

18.)

19.)

20.)

21.)

22.)

23.)

24.)

25.)

26.)

27.)

28.)

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a lot of pictures, makes difficult to comment all.....I don't like too much the bokeh on these shots, a little bit too busy on my taste but I like the intense colours Very Happy .....and you are lucky to have such a beautiful nature in your country/area!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hood,you will find with some lenses the reds and yellows are always hard to capture.You need to find the right setting...f stop etc so when you PP(post process) it will be easy to get the natural reds without losing to much elsewhere in the image.I can't give you the technical words only I have experienced the same issues and it can be worked out.
A few less pictures would make it easier to view...I have been guilty of this.. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, I don't know the original colors but now they are perfect!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#5, #14, #23 are my choices.

Red color is very difficult to catch. I think it is because of the sensor itself. Pr pixel, green has 2 dots, while red has one.
I tried hard to capture red flowers as my eyes see them but so far, not as I want they to be in the photos. Red color seems to washed out and blend into each other and loosing lots of details.