Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flektogon 20 mm f2.8 or f4?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Flektogon 20 mm f2.8 or f4? Reply with quote

hello
I would take the Flektogon 20 mm, I saw that there are two versions of the 2.8 and 4, and which of the two 'best optically? in a wide-angle the brightness I do not care 'but the absence of distorTion and It in sharp

Thanks

Nicola

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer f4 lens, but difference is not much, f4 has less distortion near zero.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you attila.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone has his own experience with these lenses and it will be a mistake to rely on general public opinions, i have learn this the hard way and soon found out that the best opinion that a person can have is his own one.

I have personally tested both Fleks, i got the 2.8 and stopped it down to 4 and compared that with the Flek 4 and i got identical results on one of my Canon EOS Cameras, at the time i tested these lenses i was operating a EOS 7D. (The Flek 4 was from a friend)

So that being said, its really more about what you need. See me personally i love to shoot in Low Lights Conditions and i needed a wide-angle lens constructed with High Quality Glass and my experience with Carl Zeiss Lenses has been possitive so thats why i went after the Flek 2.8 because it handles both the wide angle and the low lights conditions plus it delivers stunnin Image Quality so i kill 3 birds with 1 stone. The Flek 4 was not even considered an option due to his lack of aperture. By 6 o 7 pm where i live the Flek 4 was completely useless for me. So i knew that if i buy the Flek 2.8 it will deliver on a nice sunny day but as soon as that sun starts coming down it will also get the job done.

oh and another thing , Alot of people try to avoid the Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon MC 20/2.8 because of its price tag Very Happy

here is a sample i took at exactly 6:45 PM and the sun was already coming down

Canon EOS 600D + CZJ Flektogon MC 20/2.8 Wide-Open (CLICK IMAGE FOR HI RESOLUTION VERSION)

And the good thing here is that i dont have to bump up the ISO, i can just leave it at 400 with ease and the shutter around 600

Nick If you want to see more samples of this lens Wide-Open just send me a PM and i will send you a couple.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I prefer f4 lens, but difference is not much, f4 has less distortion near zero.

+1