Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flektogon 2.4/35 & Distagon 2.8/35. This review is relia
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone explain to me, why Zeiss made lenses in QBM mount, but no coating indacator/letters. like HFT or T* for C/Y mount.
They surely coated.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
Can someone explain to me, why Zeiss made lenses in QBM mount, but no coating indacator/letters. like HFT or T* for C/Y mount.
They surely coated.

the first film cameras of zeiss-ikon (with the lens without the T* or equivalent of Contarex multicoating) were the icarex.
some of these cameras are similar to some Voigtländer or rollei (sl35m or sl35me)cameras.
rollei and Voigtländer ..one bought the other but i don't remember who bought for first.
the lenses made by rollei for rollei-qbm cameras, have the HFT (high fidelity transfer) label on the lens.. i think that it is similar to the T* of Contax lenses.

the lenses labelled for example: voigtlander color-skoparex ar -> made by mamiya (less expensive) (for rolleiflex or Voigtländer cameras with rollei-qbm)
the lenses labelled for example: Voigtländer 200mm f4.0 Auto Color-Dynarex
The 200mm f4.0 Auto Color-Dynarex is a 200mm Tele-Tessar with the Voigtländer badge. Assembled in Singapore using German Zeiss glass, it is more uncommon than its' Carl Zeiss counterpart. It is displayed here with its' proper caps.
the lenses labelled for example: Carl Zeiss 50mm f1.4 Auto HFT Planar ... is the same of the Carl Zeiss Planar T* 50 f1.4 (Contax/Yashica mount with HFT coating)
is the Planar 50 1.4 with the HFT MC mady by rollei.

in general...the lenses with HFT label ... are the best..and you can be sure ... is Zeiss.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
The book by Hartmut Thiele, Fabrikationsbuch Photooptik III Carl Zeiss Oberkochen does not list any Skoparex or Color-Skoparex lens. Of course, this does not prove that the Color-Skoparex 2.8/35 is not the Distagon 2.8/35, it only proves that the Color-Skoparex was not built by Zeiss Oberkochen (which was imaginable anyway, since the lens is branded Voigtlaender).

Do you have any link (that is not mere speculation) with some evidence or reasoning that the Color-Skoparex 2.8/35 and the Distagon 2.8/35 are the same lens?

P.S. note that the Thiele book does list the Icarex TM Tessar 2.8/50 (which is labeled Carl Zeiss).

I believe that there was a change of naming a lens (of Icarex cameras ) before the demise of Zeiss Ikon and after Rollei bought the right to use the Voigtlander name. Thus the same name of lens used for Icarex can be different from lenses of Rollei QBM or TM. There is a book by a Rollei insider Herr Claus Prochnow: Rollei Report 4, Rollei - Werke, Rollei Fototechnic 1958 bis 1998 , Lindermanns Verlag
ISBN 3-89506-170-0

Inside this book, there are descriptions on lenses offerred in QBM, TM for Rollei and Voigtlander (under Rollei), with lens schematics, prices and variations. According to the book, it is true that both Planar and Color Ultron were used for the same standard lens (but no equivalent for Voigtlander version of the 50 mm 1.4 Planar), same lens with Distagon and Color Skoparex names, and some other as well. While this book is comprehensive and accurate, I found a mistake on the 85mm f2.8 Sonnar schematic. The diagram shown is a four element four group lens, it is actually a five element four group, I took the lens apart and confirmed it....

If anyone is interested to see a particular lens description by Prochnow, I can send a digital image of that page for reference.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rugarchives.org/2001-11/00331.html

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These lenses are best on a cropped sensor. Then you get all the goodies Smile
Stopped down to 5.6-8.0 they are sharp from corner to corner and suitable for landscapes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asterinex wrote:
Stopped down to 5.6-8.0 they are sharp from corner to corner and suitable for landscapes.

Indeed on film (full frame) as well i.e. flek 35mm f2.4 ..Although you can't enlarge much because it's a low film scan, the buildings from left to right look the same for sharpness.

and group shots, everything is sharp from left to right

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have had some problems with flek..i have fixed the front group by adjusting 3 screws...
now when i do focus (infinity) in a point (middle) and rotate the camera left and right .. the same point is in focus.
but it is a stress operation...