Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fish in Venice
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Fish in Venice Reply with quote

Not a Venetian banquet. Nor a concert by the former Marillion front man. Just me having fun with the Samyang fisheye on my OM-D EM-5.

No PP but some shots have been cropped a bit. All were taken with the lens at f5.6 and with the focus set to a bit off infinity. Depth of field is then almost infinite so I just need to concentrate on not getting my fingers or feet in the frame. Very Happy

The Samyang does give a very rich blue sky, like a polarising filter. Biasing the exposure to keep they sky correct at the expense of putting the crowds in shadow is deliberate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 too for me, others was a bit too much fish, even if I love it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 three for me.
too much fish for me also, even if I'm fisheye addicted aswell.
A gnomic wide angle would have been a little better here. Best fisheye pics are fisheye pics where you almost can't see that a fisheye was used.

Does your camera has DRO? In some of these shots that might have been helpful to get an better exposure. I personally would have exposed for the ground and not for the sky.

Which Samyang fisheye did you use? There are several... for MFT there are at least two (8/3.5 is easily adaptable and 7,5/3.5 a native one).

I used both 8/2.8 and 8/3.5 (adapted) on NEX and I'm loving them both. 8/2.8 is better wide open and is much more compact, 8/3.5 has slightly more harmonic distortion which makes composition easier (imho).