Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First test shots Mamiya-Sekor C 300mm f/5.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergun wrote:
I need a real 300mm . I realized that Mamaya would not suit me for my Sony A7R2 camera, since her viewing angle on my camera would be 186 mm. In the local market, Olympus OM Zuiko Auto-T 300mm f/ 4.5 (no adapter needed, already there) or Canon FD 300mm f/ 4 SSC (you need to take the adapter again) are available to me at the same price. Are there OM, PK, NIK adapters available, Are your tips fixed 300mm ?

p/s By the way, I had a Canon avt 300mm f5.6. I didn't like it at all. Some kind of soap.

As stated by caspert, I understand that the Mamiya 300 mm mentioned here, has the same focal length and angle of view of any FF 300mm mounted on Sony FF body. Now that the sensor would only use part of the total lens coverage, it would help to avoid bad corners (just like using any FF lenses on APSC or smaller sensors),right? What I'm not totally sure is the DOF of this mamiya lens on FF sensor, would it be comparable to the 5,6 FF lens or no ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
sergun wrote:
I need a real 300mm . I realized that Mamaya would not suit me for my Sony A7R2 camera, since her viewing angle on my camera would be 186 mm. In the local market, Olympus OM Zuiko Auto-T 300mm f/ 4.5 (no adapter needed, already there) or Canon FD 300mm f/ 4 SSC (you need to take the adapter again) are available to me at the same price. Are there OM, PK, NIK adapters available, Are your tips fixed 300mm ?

p/s By the way, I had a Canon avt 300mm f5.6. I didn't like it at all. Some kind of soap.

As stated by caspert, I understand that the Mamiya 300 mm mentioned here, has the same focal length and angle of view of any FF 300mm mounted on Sony FF body. Now that the sensor would only use part of the total lens coverage, it would help to avoid bad corners (just like using any FF lenses on APSC or smaller sensors),right? What I'm not totally sure is the DOF of this mamiya lens on FF sensor, would it be comparable to the 5,6 FF lens or no ?

Yes, no difference.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergun wrote:
I need a real 300mm .

Whenever a lens has a focal length of 300mm, it is a real 300mm lens. Is that so difficult to understand??

sergun wrote:
I realized that Mamaya would not suit me for my Sony A7R2 camera, since her viewing angle on my camera would be 186 mm.

Wrong. On your camera it will have exactly the same viewing angle as any other 300mm lens.

If you use the same lens on a camera with a larger sensor, of course a larger area will be recorded => "larger viewing angle". So the Mamiya 5.6/300mm used on the Mamiya 6x4.5cm film camera would give the same viewing angle as a 186mm lens on the 24x36mm film (FF) camera.

sergun wrote:
In the local market, Olympus OM Zuiko Auto-T 300mm f/ 4.5 (no adapter needed, already there) or Canon FD 300mm f/ 4 SSC (you need to take the adapter again) are available to me at the same price.

I have both these lenses, and both have much stronger CAs than the Mamiya Sekor C 5.6/300mm.

sergun wrote:
Are there OM, PK, NIK adapters available

Yes, of course.

sergun wrote:

50 MP FF sensors are demanding. Vintage lenses without UD/AD/ED/ULD glass can't cope with them. In addition, at least some versions of the FD and nFD 5.6/300mm have internal focusing (IF); usually their bearings have decayed, and the IF lens group may be misaligned => "soap".

S

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partial eclipse (crop) with vivitar 2x macrofocussing teleconverter (7 element)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:

Cool! Totally missed that today.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:

Happy Dog Like 1

The clouds create a neat effect! A spooky moon in the spirit of the season.