Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

first shots with canon 17-40L: grand canyon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: first shots with canon 17-40L: grand canyon Reply with quote

i traded for this lens specifically to use on a recent trip to the southwest. this is my first experience with an 'L' lens on my 5d and i thought it performed excellently, although its hard to take a bad picture with this as subject matter! PLEASE CLICK ON EACH PICTURE FOR BEST RESOLUTION AND COLOR!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome...I hope you held on near that cliff edge...a long way down! Very Happy
I love the dead tree #6 The colors are beautiful...and the cloud speckles in the canyon itself....amazing detail.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you mo. i love the tree one also--its one of my favorites out of about 300 i took. as you noted, the detail this lens puts out is amazing. my intuition was the "L" lens thing was canon lovers cool-aid, but i was wrong! tbh, i never had a lens like this as i think it produces images similar to the planar/distagon, but is so much more versatile because of the zoom aspect. glad you enjoyed the shots, i highly recommend a trip!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One day I hope to get to America,I have to ask what did you trade...these L lenses are expensive...and glad to see it's not all hype.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few lenses, among them a zeiss vario sonnar 28-85 c/y mount and a zeiss biotar 80/2.8 pentacon 6 mount...