Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Film Scanner Recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Film Scanner Recommendations Reply with quote

I'm looking for a decent quality scanner for 35mm negs around £100-200. Any tips appreciated.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Film Scanner Recommendations Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I'm looking for a decent quality scanner for 35mm negs around £100-200. Any tips appreciated.

Thanks

Epson V500 is good I hear and I am sure someone will tune in to state the same. It should be about £200. Since its £250 in Sweden Wink.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Film Scanner Recommendations Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

Thanks

Epson V500 is good I hear and I am sure someone will tune in to state the same. It should be about £200. Since its £250 in Sweden Wink.

Thanks - I've seen mention of the Epson 4990, but it's no longer made (I believe).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your price range I would suggest a Minolta Dual Scan IV. They perform very well, scans slides and film.
I used one and was very happy with the results.

Cheers

Jules

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epson V500.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it the smaller negative & slide scanners that are on ebay in plentiful supply ar not so good?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget about them, they are crappy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I take it the smaller negative & slide scanners that are on ebay in plentiful supply ar not so good?

Can you give an example of what you are thinking of regarding a smaller negative and slide scanner? I do know that the proprietary scanners, such as the Minolta Dual Scan IV mentioned above, are pretty good.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

Can you give an example of what you are thinking of regarding a smaller negative and slide scanner? I do know that the proprietary scanners, such as the Minolta Dual Scan IV mentioned above, are pretty good.

Easypix & Plustek are names that appear often.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm torn between 2 scanners. I need some help deciding.

Do I go for a flatbed Epson V500 for a little over £100, or a Plustek 7500 dedicated film scanner at a little over £200?

The Epson seems the popular choice but I'm thinking of the space saving of the Plustek which surely must produce better images as it's a dedicated film scanner?