Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Few Verona and Venice B&W shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Few Verona and Venice B&W shots Reply with quote

.... with Nikon AF lenses and D700.

Thanks for viewing and comments.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am officially a big fan of your black and white photography. It's really beautiful Cool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, yes. The last maybe from the bottom a little clogged.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great captures! I see the black & the white, but where is the grey Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
I am officially a big fan of your black and white photography. It's really beautiful Cool

+10 outstanding!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 is excellent!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#1 is excellent!!

oh yes, i agree

Tomas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots for sure Rolf, this "outline" style, very graphic. For Venice, which is a very special place for me, it reduces it a bit too much, but this is just my personal taste!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Great shots for sure Rolf, this "outline" style, very graphic. For Venice, which is a very special place for me, it reduces it a bit too much, but this is just my personal taste!

Many thanks friends.

I prepared few different versions of #3 and #4 during PP but finally I decided for the images above. I personally found the "outline", more graphic style in the foreground and the grey skyline more interesting than a normal B&W with smooth allocation of grey tones.

Anyway thanks for your friendly comments.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series , Rolf !
Very interesting view over Venice , with this BW misterious, thrilling atmosphere .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very atmospheric, makes Venice look as dangerous and mysterious as Sin City.

I personally have a heck of a time trying to convert photos to monochrome, there are so many choices and nuances I can't ever commit to a final version.