Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FED macro Industar 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: FED macro Industar 10 Reply with quote

AKA some Leica very old macro copy or what?

Anybody met this weirdo? Not very useful for shooting macro on Canon EOS, I guess, so what about (at least) some collectors/curiosity value? I might know where to grab the lens.

(Link to a Russian source)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marek,

nearly bought one a few years ago, simply out of curiosity. Pre-war version. Didn't think it justified €65. Turned out later, it was the very rare version... Crying or Very sad It had the full Russian words for "distance from object" and "scale". Later versions just had (like yours) P+M. Not RF coupled. That's all ah know.

Oldest versions are allegedly the best but those owners would say that.Reputedly not as sharp as the later collapsible type or later non-macro I10s. If ye get it cheaply, it'll probably sell on for a good price anyway. Smile Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEL, DOUBLEPOST.

Last edited by Marek on Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be mine. Very strange indeed. The price is just around €65. Dont know whether low or high.

Many thanks for your insight.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one and like it. Wink
The price is not bad, it is a rare lens Wink

I have some samples here:
http://manuellfokus.no/fed-50mm-f3-5-makro-pt5620/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you my Norwegian friend! Looks like you always know Very Happy !

So, possibly worth replacing "ordinary" Volna-9 from my to-buy list? Useful for butterflies? So nice!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
So, possibly worth replacing "ordinary" Volna-9 from my to-buy list?

no. volna-9 is better

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Volna-9 is a better lens both build and IQ Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. On the other hand, your images made with look good enough to consider. (As always, I value bokeh and drawing before sharpness.) I initially wandered if it's not some kind of unusable below average or very poor performer of "curiosity value".

What adapter would I need, please? (Canon EOS) One of those, maybe?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that if it's a FED or Zorki lens, you won't even come close to infinity using it with EOS.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humulus wrote:
Keep in mind that if it's a FED or Zorki lens, you won't even come close to infinity using it with EOS.

Youre right! I know, but with purely macro intentions, I believe it doesn't matter (much)

Should I expect range like 0.2 - 2 m or similar?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
Humulus wrote:

Youre right! I know, but with purely macro intentions, I believe it doesn't matter (much)

Should I expect range like 0.2 - 2 m or similar?

Nope. Probably 0.2m when the lens is focus at infinity.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realized by incident a friend of mine is keeping an eye on item as well, so I'm stepping back not to be a lens party pooper. Thanks for your discussion anyway, very appreciated it. Now I'm even more clever and lens-wise Very Happy !