Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FD adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: FD adapter Reply with quote

Is it possible to alter one of the M42 to FD adapters so that I can focus the lens on infinity and if so how do i go about it??
I am aware that adapters are available that focus on infinity but as i understand it the extra peice of glass doesnt do the lens justice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: FD adapter Reply with quote

trev wrote:
Is it possible to alter one of the M42 to FD adapters so that I can focus the lens on infinity and if so how do i go about it??
I am aware that adapters are available that focus on infinity but as i understand it the extra peice of glass doesnt do the lens justice

HUH! I have no problem with my M42 lenses on FD adapter.........

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sitting here looking at my old Canon "Lens Mount Converter P", which is a M42 lens to Canon FD body adapter. There is no glass and it doesn't need it. Infinity focus is retained.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trouble with canon's lens mount converter P is that they are as rare as rocking horse poo - and equally as expensive to boot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev wrote:
The trouble with canon's lens mount converter P is that they are as rare as rocking horse poo - and equally as expensive to boot

erm I think you are thinking of the Canon FD to EF mount........I paid £4 for my Canon m42 to FD a year or so ago, but others are available quite cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
trev wrote:

erm I think you are thinking of the Canon FD to EF mount........I paid £4 for my Canon m42 to FD a year or so ago, but others are available quite cheap.

Aw, shucks. I thought I had a mini gold mine sitting on my desk there for a second.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
trev wrote:

Aw, shucks. I thought I had a mini gold mine sitting on my desk there for a second.

Well maybe the name "Canon" stamped on the M42 adapter gets the collectors interested like wasps around a jam pot.