Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Favorite SLR 35mm cameras and lenses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contax AX with Yashica ML 50/2 for my choice of both autofocus and manual focusing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest favourite is Canon T90 & Vivitar S1 28-90.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Latest favourite is Canon T90 & Vivitar S1 28-90.

The Vivitar Series 1 28-90! I haven't owned the lens, but a friend has, and I've
seen some outstanding LARGE prints from his 28-90. He considers this zoom range
as the best range among all of his zoom lenses for film. Extremely sharp, as attested by
the enlargements that I saw. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got an OM-1 with 50mm 1.4 for £15 from a charity shop and it is an absolute joy to use. The Konica TC-x arrived and its quite a nice camera too in a way it feels similar to the Canon AE-1. I love using these older cameras, they feel to me far more pleasurable than the AF SLR cameras.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does tend to vary but at the moment its the Tamron 35-70 adaptall on the EOS 600 and the Nikkormat FT2 with the 50mm f2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex66 wrote:
Well I got an OM-1 with 50mm 1.4 for £15 from a charity shop and it is an absolute joy to use. The Konica TC-x arrived and its quite a nice camera too in a way it feels similar to the Canon AE-1. I love using these older cameras, they feel to me far more pleasurable than the AF SLR cameras.

£15! That was a bargain, and you can use those lovely Hexanon lenses now on your TC-x.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll always have a soft spot for Prakticas.

The Super TL + Oreston is easy to find and effective. The dim screen is the only real nit pick here. The rest of the camera is great, and the Oreston is an excellent lens, though the blur can be a bit busy at times.

I've been enjoying using the Miranda D lately although I'm not too sold on the 1.9/50 lens with it. The 2.8/50 though renders beautifully. Still need to try out the 35mm. I really like the ratcheted film advance, and the interchangeable viewfinders.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a terrible question to answer as the camera I am using at the moment rarely depends on anything but whim.

I guess my favourite 35mm SLR combo would be my Pentax LX with SMC 'K' 28mm/3.5, 50mm/1.2 and 135mm/2.5 lenses. If I am in a M42 mood it'll be the ES with S-M-C Tak 28mm/3.5 and and SMC Tak 55mm f/1.8.

I'm just running a roll of film through my SPII having recently done the seals. I also have films in my SPXn, FED2, and Moscow-5 and just finished a roll from my Zorkii 4.

K.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather a coin toss for me...

Canon T90 with FD 28-85 f/4
Contax RX with CZ 25mm f/2.8 Distagon
Contax RTS III with CZ 28-85mm f/3.3-4 Vario-Sonnar
Minolta XD-11 with MD W Rokkor-X 24mm f/2.8
(I won't mention the 1V + 24-70 etc)