Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Experience with Rollei films?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Experience with Rollei films? Reply with quote

Any one here has good experience with Rollei 80s and 400s, any recommendations for developing chemicals and times? Macodirect sells Rollei a bit cheaper than HP5+ and wanted to try them out soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are supposedly the same as Agfa APX films - anyone? Very interested to hear if anyone has used Coffenol as developer for this film.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice and cheap film, the Retro 100 should be rated at 80, the 400 is fine at ISO400.
Have developed them with Rollei RHS, great results.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a bulk roll of 35 mm Rollei 80S.

I only have shoot a short test roll with it and it looks really good.
What i doesn't like is there are lot's of scratches and drying marks left.

Maybe it's the camera i've used, or because my hands got sweaty while i was loading it onto the reel in the changing bag.

I can try to shoot a new roll with my new contax g1 and will post results if you are interested.

For chemistry Rollei RHS is a good developer.
On the label they say RLS is better as has lower grain but i have used RHS with Rollei R3 film and could't identify any grain at all.

Have to refill my reserves Smile and to try RLC - this should be a low contrast (as this film is quite contrasty)

Also maybe it's a good idea to use wetting agent like Rollei RWA.
On Macodirect.de they advertise it for less drying marks (which i have a lot with this film)

Times are writen on the label of the chemical bottle Smile

http://www.macodirect.de/rollei-high-speedbr1l-p-1917.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to follow up. I bought a lot of rolls of Rollei 400S and 80S and have developed the first couple of rolls in ID-11. So far I really like the 80S that has very high resolution, good details and fairly high contrast. The 400S had even higher contrast but I'm not sure if that is due to my developing method, it has clearly higher contrast than HP5+ and Tri-X. They both have a very clear base, and I didn't notice any drying marks or anything like that.