Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exakta Ultra Coligon 1:8 800mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Exakta Ultra Coligon 1:8 800mm Reply with quote

I recently picked up a nice lot of Exakta equipment from the original owner. I've been wanting to get into the hobby for a while now, and think this is a good start. Anyway one of the lenses that came with the lot is something pretty interesting. I have not seen another like it while researching these items, so I figured I would post here and maybe get some insight. Its a Ultra Coligon 1:8 800mm Telephoto lens thats about 3ft long. Its the biggest lens I have seen for vintage 35mm cameras. Its amazing what I can zoom into with this thing! Anyway I really don't plan on taking super long range shots so may let it go if there is any sort of demand for these things. Anyway here are a couple pics:

Edit pics aren't showing up so just copy and paste the URL to my photobucket site:

s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj139/shostang/Vintage%20Photography/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Exakta Ultra Coligon 1:8 800mm Reply with quote

[quote="McLovin"]I recently picked up a nice lot of Exakta equipment from the original owner. I've been wanting to get into the hobby for a while now, and think this is a good start. Anyway one of the lenses that came with the lot is something pretty interesting. I have not seen another like it while researching these items, so I figured I would post here and maybe get some insight. Its a Ultra Coligon 1:8 800mm Telephoto lens thats about 3ft long. Its the biggest lens I have seen for vintage 35mm cameras. Its amazing what I can zoom into with this thing! Anyway I really don't plan on taking super long range shots so may let it go if there is any sort of demand for these things. Anyway here are a couple pics:

Edit pics aren't showing up so just copy and paste the URL to my photobucket site:

http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj139/shostang/Vintage%20Photography

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocket launcher Laughing Laughing nice to see you here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board McLovin. Since this is your first post, you will not be able to post any picture. Yes, in fact a rocket launcher. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made by Kawakami Seiki Seisakusho Ltd. aka Kawanon, which as usual in its day sold most of their production to distributors which used their own brands.

I had the 600mm version of this.

This is in the same series and same maker as the common 400mm f/6.3 Tele-Astranar

I also believe that some of the name brand Japanese camera makers in the 1960's carried these under their brands, Yashica for one.

Good quality build, one of the extremely few quality 800mm's available.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its almost certainly a T-mount btw.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great guys thanks a lot for the info! Also in the lot was a nice Meyer Gorltiz Primoplan 1.9 75mm which after some research appears to be a pretty desirable/collectible lens. When looking though it, I have noticed a couple tiny black specks inside the lens. Is there any way to take the lens apart and clean the optics/glass? Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McLovin wrote:
Great guys thanks a lot for the info! Also in the lot was a nice Meyer Gorltiz Primoplan 1.9 75mm which after some research appears to be a pretty desirable/collectible lens. When looking though it, I have noticed a couple tiny black specks inside the lens. Is there any way to take the lens apart and clean the optics/glass? Thanks!

Typical first mistake what you plan clean lens immediately. Your lens is very rare current value around 500-600 USD , don't risk lens safety don't open it. Enjoy instead this rare gem!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
McLovin wrote:

Typical first mistake what you plan clean lens immediately. Your lens is very rare current value around 500-600 USD , don't risk lens safety don't open it. Enjoy instead this rare gem!

+1

I did broke several.

Rino.