Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exakta to EOS adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Exakta to EOS adapter Reply with quote

Anyone tried this type of adapter before?
http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/product.php?productid=17276&cat=0&page=1

Is it any good for full frame if you are using old glass with the extra prong?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
i haven't tried on EOS ( i don't have EOS body any more) but i use exakta lenses on micro 4/3.

The register distance for Exakta lenses is slightly longer than EOS (44,7 vs 44 mm )
The adapter has to be very thin (less than 0.7 mm - or slightly recessed in the camera body)

In your case It is most probably recessed - which brings the lens closer to the mirror (and on full frame the mirror is even closer than on EOS crop.

Most probably you can use the wide angle (flektogon 20) on EOS crop camera.. Not sure for full frame - those lenses recess their back elements when focused and may hit the mirror.

The longer lenses should be OK.

Also most of the lenses (excluding preset ones) have this automatic (or semiautomatic) aperture controlling arm - you have to check if they can be mounted with the adapter.

great lenses Btw Very Happy