Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Evening walk - Pentax SMC-A 35-70 F4.0
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Evening walk - Pentax SMC-A 35-70 F4.0 Reply with quote

Went for a walk yesterday evening with the Pentax SMC-A 35-70 F4.0 (two ring zoom) on my K10D. After all, this forum isn't just about primes. I like this lens better than it's twin - the SMC-A 35-70 F3.5-4.5 (one ring zoom). The latter is lighter and more compact, but I feel that I get better results with the F4.0 version.

Here are some samples from my walk:

Daffodils:

Catkin:

My cat - she somehow pops in front of the camera no matter what I do:

A little landscape:

Fruit blossoms:

All fairly standard subjects - but I like what I get with this lens.

C&C welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots - I particularly like the catkin. The daffodils look good too. I find it difficult to get good shots of this flower - I usually blow the red channel.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you,

With good distance to the background it was fairly easy to isolate the catkin, so I didn't have to use fully open, but stopped down one stop, which improves sharpness without destroying the bokeh.

Daffodils can be very difficult in direct sunlight. Here the sun is very weak and low, so the petals are evenly lit. But with daffodils I prefer an exposure which looks a bit underexposed on the historgram.