Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EOS 5D classic LCD repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: EOS 5D classic LCD repair Reply with quote

I have a 5D classic with a bad lcd, it only shows a few colors and you can not see any detail.This seems to be a common problem with the 5Dc.
Of course you can still use the histogram, but sometimes you want to see the details of the shot, especially when shooting a model with a flash.

At first it would help if I tapped or pressed hard to the right of the LCD or shake the camera a bit but not anymore.
I read that sometimes taking the back off the camera and fiddling with the lcd cable can solve the problem, or maybe I can just buy a new LCD on Ebay. But I don't want to risk breaking my camera.

Does anyone know how to take the back off, and more importantly, put it back on? And should I take the battery out of the camera? I would like to do it with the camera turned on, so I can play with the LCD cable and see what happens, but that may be a bad idea (I already read it is a very bad idea with a camera that has a built in flash, fortunately the 5Dc does not have one).

Or maybe I can install magic lantern on the 5Dc and then use my android phone as an external monitor, does anyone know if this is possible?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There must be some youtube videos & web pages. Check with google. Wink

Suggest getting a copy of the 5D Parts Catalog pdf -- besides parts list there are exploded diagrams maybe useful.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Computer Apple Tablet Ipad LCD repair and Consulting Long Is Reply with quote

Hi,
Lab Computer Consultant is an online service related website. LAB Computer offer repair services for LCD screen repair, LCD screen replacement, MAC and PC - laptop screen replace. You may visit and share your problem. Hope you will get help.

Thanks

Louis Taylor