Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Enough is enough...or is it???
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this information no-X, seems like my search shall continue Wink

no-X wrote:
This is the new version (auto MC). It has more contrast, but not so good bokeh, as the older one (preset, no MC).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
mUg wrote:
Is that "zebra"-like finishing on the Meyer really common? I know that Zeiss Jena used a zebra finish, but i've seen and felt with my own hands this particular kind of zebra finishing (which seems different from the Jenas one, to me) on an Iscotar 50 2.8 mounted on an Edixa Prismat.

Yes, fairly common but more on European lenses than Japanese. It was a fashion in the 1960's, in between the all-aluminium finish and all-black. Zeiss, Meyer, Schneider and virtually all other German makes had zebra models (I'm not sure about Leica & Rollei though). And I have a zebra Helios-44-2. In Japan at that time they seemed to favour more the style of black lenses with aluminium aperture rings.

I see...but is it functional in your opinion? i used that Iscolor zebra 50, but i didn't found it really useful nor pleasing on the aesthetical side...i also think that this finish is a bit too claiming for the photographer, a photographer should act discreetly, not as a spy, but simply in a discreet way Cool

Also, only Zeiss Jenas ownz that finish for true Cool Twisted Evil i'm a Jenas addicted*

(*if i could only have one XD)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mUg wrote:
I see...but is it functional in your opinion?

Not at all, it was just a fashion of the time, like whitewall tyres and miniskirts Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Not at all, it was just a fashion of the time, like whitewall tyres and miniskirts Wink

Long live the miniskirt (and the lenses obviously) Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bokehmonster arrived. Here is a picture together with TAIR 11A and Jupiter MC 37AM:

iris at f/5.6

Here is quick comparision with Jupiter. The Pentacon is surprisingly sharp. Much sharper than I expected.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens - looks like I finally secured one at a reasonable price (for me that is...) - so nearly another lens off my wish-list.

That Tair looks quite nice too!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own almost exactly the same pentacon... just haven't had the chance to test it yet Wink