Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Edixa on a Pentax K-7 (with M42)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post some more pictures of the Delta, and maybe somebody will recognize it. Can't really see much from your photo.

The Edixa-Mat is probably the best of the Edixa SLR series, after they refined some of the mech from the original Edixa Reflex, but before they started cutting costs on the later Prismat models. It should probably work.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, to help us out in documenting sources of lenses -

Could you post the pictures of your Tele-Tokina 135 on the

Manual Focus Lenses Forum -> Manual Focus Lenses -> LENSES-STICKY - Third party Japanese lenses - models and makers

We are trying to set up a reference for manufacturers.

Your 135 is one of the few of this old preset lens series that was actually sold under the Tokina name, so it is proof that similar lenses under other brands were made by Tokyo Koki/Tokina. At some point we may be able to have a useful database of old Japanese lenses, their makers and origins.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I forgot that I didn't have any good pics up of the Delta. Here are some. It's a bit strange with it's small optics.

luisalegria wrote:
Also, to help us out in documenting sources of lenses -

Could you post the pictures of your Tele-Tokina 135 on the

Manual Focus Lenses Forum -> Manual Focus Lenses -> LENSES-STICKY - Third party Japanese lenses - models and makers

We are trying to set up a reference for manufacturers.

Your 135 is one of the few of this old preset lens series that was actually sold under the Tokina name, so it is proof that similar lenses under other brands were made by Tokyo Koki/Tokina. At some point we may be able to have a useful database of old Japanese lenses, their makers and origins.

Sure! I'll take some better pics and upload them there.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Edixa Mat Reflex d:
http://forum.mflenses.com/edixa-mat-reflex-d-t39979,highlight,%2Bedixa+%2Bmat.html

and the manual :
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/edixa/edixa-mat/edixa-mat.htm

Is the Schacht 2.8/50 the same design as the Xenar 2.8/50 ?
I'm impressed by the IQ of my Xenar (pity that it hits the mirror of the 5D MkII).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
My Edixa Mat Reflex d:
http://forum.mflenses.com/edixa-mat-reflex-d-t39979,highlight,%2Bedixa+%2Bmat.html

and the manual :
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/edixa/edixa-mat/edixa-mat.htm

I'm impressed by the IQ of my Xenar (pity that it hits the mirror of the 5D MkII).

I actually got the original Swedish manual with the camera which states that you should "clean the camera both internally and externally" but it also says "What the Edixa camera won't handle: Any internal operation by you". Rolling Eyes
I agree with you that these are very beautiful cameras, it just needs some cleaning.

The lens got a bit of the same look but the "zebra striped areas" on the two rings are different at least. Yours seem different sizes while my lens got the same size on both rings.

I took some new pic of the Tokina. It seems hard to find info on that exact lens.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I'm stupid. Rolling Eyes
I read the manual over and over again to learn ho to remove the prism. I read "push the two knobs" and pushed and pushed...and pushed, but nothing happened. I removed every visible screw numerous times in that area and pushed without getting it loose only to find out that I can't read.
Now that I read it again I finally read "Push it outwards" and when I tried it it smoothly popped out.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:

The Schact 2.8/50 is a tessar type lens. I'm assuming the Xenar 2.8/50 is too, but I don't know for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you !

Your Tokina lens is one of the most popular third party lens series sold in the 1960's in maybe over 100 brands.
Tokyo Koki made a preset line and its first automatic lens line in the 1960's, I think some of the presets may date from about 1962 and some of the automatics from 1964-65 at the earliest. Both presets and automatics were sold into the 1970's.

All of them were at least decent, some are excellent. I think the 135/2.8 is an above average lens, though my opinion is subjective. The 200/4.5 preset in the series is excellent.

Most of the presets were made in T/T2 mounts - interchangable lens mounts that all screw on to a 42mm thread at the base of the lens. Some of the earlier ones were similar, but used a non-standard 47mm thread on the lens. The 135/2.8 is one of the earlier models, and has been seen with the 47mm mount, I have one of these. You may want to check yours.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, I got some really sought after answers. Smile
My lens got the 42mm adapter so I can use it without any problems. I still haven't found and exact copy of the lens (nor under a different brand) as some details always seem to differ. Can you help me out? Edit: Just found a couple. Dunno how I searched earlier?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is mine - Vemar brand, Vemar was a brand used by Bittco, a US importer.

http://forum.mflenses.com/vemar-old-tokina-135-2-8-t38951,highlight,%2Bvemar.html

Some of the others in the line are in my picture.

Xenar is Schneiders name for their version of the Tessar.