Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ebay fees
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, the guy sends me a an empty box but he complied with ebay's rules and had a tracking number

wow! that's incredible Shocked
I will remember to put a stone in the box if I ever try this trick

one day I got a stone in a box instead of the planar I ordered
I got green but it was just a friend's joke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These days, I do most of my selling on Yahoo Auctions in Japan. They have a much more balanced fee structure. Seller pays 5.25% of the final value, period. They have an automatic payment system, similar to Paypal (and also similar in that Yahoo owns the service), but the fee for that is paid by the buyer, not the seller. That's why a lot of buyers opt to pay with direct bank deposit, which won't incur any fees on their end.

Of course, there's an element of trust there, but that's where the seller ratings help. When they see me with a 100% positive feedback, and detailed feedback comments going back forever (instead of the stupid 90 days or whatever that Ebay uses), they feel confident enough that they'd send me $2000 using direct deposit.

Of course, this system probably won't work too well on Ebay where so many clever scammers are lurking, I guess, and often times, the final value might be lower, since the market is pretty much restricted to Japan compared to global.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking of quitting eBay, too. As a seller, you get almost nothing for the fees you pay. LiveChat was utterly, utterly useless when I used it. Crying or Very sad

All they do is forward you pre-written messages. If your problem does not fit in their message patterns, you are helpless. Crying or Very sad

Do we have an eBay alternatives thread? I did not see one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks God i read this before i start to selling on ebay Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uusitupa wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:
Attila wrote:
I love to buy and don't like to sell. Laughing Like a hamster Laughing

Shocked Shocked Laughing

I've got the same disease. Would it be an epidemy? Lensholism?

me too Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to revert this trend, because I need to finance new DSLR and I also found out, that I have too many lenses to use all of them... So my long-tele Sonnars are leaving me. 300/4 T is gone, 300/4 MC is on, 180/2.8 olympia and 180/2.8 zebra will be next Neutral