Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

eBay buyers: Avoid sellers who are convicted sex offenders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: eBay buyers: Avoid sellers who are convicted sex offenders Reply with quote

I have a suggestion for those buying lenses on eBay:

Try not to buy from convicted sexual offenders.

Here is the auction. Such a great deal!:

Click here to see on Ebay

I really wanted that lens. What a beauty! Immediately went out and bought (from China) the m4/3 adapter for it. Well, the adapter is here. I don't expect ever to see the lens. Have no tracking number and no communication at all from this crook.

I was excited to be getting a fantastic lens and didn't react right away. But as time passed it finally dawned on me things had gone sour. Only then did I go into my PayPal account to learn the seller's name. His location (Asheville, NC) is right in the auction. A quick Google search too late gave me the following:

http://www.sexoffenderrecord.com/directory/NC/B/Justin_Scott_Bagwell_449315

In my defense, the seller's name was not available to me until after I paid. And the negative feedback now showing is VERY recent. It was not there at the time of my auction.

All of that said, this crook is new to eBay and only had five positive feedbacks when I bid. I guess I should have known better.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm missing the connection between someone being a sex offender and someone being a crook on eBay.
Are you saying all sex offenders are also crooks on eBay?

I hate sex offenders as much as the next person but I don't expect them to screw me on eBay too. Razz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
I'm missing the connection between someone being a sex offender and someone being a crook on eBay.
Are you saying all sex offenders are also crooks on eBay?

I hate sex offenders as much as the next person but I don't expect them to screw me on eBay too. Razz

Guardian has done a little background search on this guy and came up with what is on the link.

I did a little background search on a buyer on ebay as her address intrigued me. She turns out to be a single, gorgeous 30 something who translates ancient texts. beauty and brains. My dream combination. we emailed a few times...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
I did a little background search on a buyer on ebay as her address intrigued me. She turns out to be a single, gorgeous 30 something who translates ancient texts. beauty and brains. My dream combination. we emailed a few times...

Get in there!!!! Razz Very Happy Cool

Well played sir. *tips fedora*

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
philslizzy wrote:

Dittos

Boy, some folks have all the luck. Not only didn't I get a girl, I didn't even get the lens!!

And I really wanted that lens!! Would have settled for a good looking young lady, though. Very Happy

Last edited by guardian on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he's in jail?

Someone else didn't get their item and left this feedback a couple days ago:
"Paid immediately in good faith. Have not heard from since. No product received"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I was thinking. Seems certainly plausible, especially if he's got priors.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
philslizzy wrote:

I am happily married Gaz but it was nice. She seemed genuinely surprised at my interest, I like history and languages. I gave her an alternative translation of an ancient Sumerian text about priests stealing sermons (that she'd translated) in a modern context. She said she'd never looked at it this way and her and her colleagues agreed that some things have never changed in 3000 years.

I consider myself a cunning linguist, however I find Polish hard to speak. My wife tells me I have a soft tongue. Wink
Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing