Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Do photos need to be sharp? + Future of Film Photography?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
There's nothing wrong in enjoying the inherent beauty of a technological object.
We all do that I think, maybe in different degrees but it's a common feeling here
We admire the beauty of the craftsmanship. Because, there is human spirit behind the creation of a Contax II,
just as well as there is behind a masterpiece by Michelangelo. It's only different ways of expression.

How to describe what I feel when I hold my Contax II? Don't know, but it feels good to the soul.
It also feels good to the soul when I look at a beautiful painting, or a nice human being.

As long as we are inspired by beauty in the world, does not really matter where or by what.

The problems start when we have to deal with ugliness: wars, death, hunger, empty pockets, cold in the winter, loneliness, illness.
Beauty is never a problem, it is always welcome, wherever it comes from.

Nicely put Orio

Whatever is technically wrong with this, i still see great beauty in my little Alice anf for me this is a great image of my grandoughter.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here bychance...this shot is liked by everyone in the family, but technically it can be pulled apart:

Agfacolor slide taken about 40 years ago