Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

digital cameras vs film cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sure are. I used to have one of those lead bags you could put your film in. Dunno whatever happened to it. I'll bet they're hard to find now. Also used to be you could hand the scan tech your rolls of film and they'd pass them through.

I gotta say though that I typically didn't hand anybody my film and I ended up using the lead bag maybe only a couple of times before I managed to misplace it. So my film, exposed or unexposed, got scanned on a routine basis. I never had a problem with it. But the only scanners I and my gear have been through are those in the US, Japan, and Taiwan. It's more than likely the scanners in third world and underdeveloped countries are the ones that one might have to worry about.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question about film and X-rays pops up quite a few times on forums, usually by newbies and I usually comment that I have taken Fuji 1600 ISO colour film to Spain and back with no problems.