Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Diagonal at Horse Feathers Falls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Diagonal at Horse Feathers Falls Reply with quote

I loved the obtuse diagonal aspect of this log, and the way it is nourished with moisture, creating it's own little forest! This shot was taken under my umbrella, for obvious reasons, with the Electro 35 I kindly received from f16SUNSHINE. Shocked

There was some movement on the log, naturally, from the wind that is generated by the rushing water.

Yashica Electro 35
Fuji Velvia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just WOW!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, its great, as we would expect from Laurence. Well done again.
Did you remember what shutter speed used ? The Electro is shutter speed priority only , camera ?
I'm after a nice rangefinder but in the last one year their price rised and I don't know why since more people goes digital. I just suppose that after the digital adventure, many want to experience sooting on film and a RF its great for that. Look at this beauty one and its price Sad Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great colours - I like this close in shot.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is this green again! Amazing!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that strong diagonal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't rain forests a treasure trove of colour and interest! And we dont even have to get out of the house to enjoy them, thanks to Laurence.

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
just WOW!

poilu! Always good to hear from you! Cool

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:
Yes, its great, as we would expect from Laurence. Well done again.
Did you remember what shutter speed used ? The Electro is shutter speed priority only , camera ?
I'm after a nice rangefinder but in the last one year their price rised and I don't know why since more people goes digital. I just suppose that after the digital adventure, many want to experience sooting on film and a RF its great for that. Look at this beauty one and its price Sad Click here to see on Ebay

montecarlo, I "cheated" the shutter speed a little, by holding a dark gray filter in front. The shutter speed was thus lengthened. I don't exactly remember the speed...possibly around 1 second or so...

The Lynx is a wonderful piece of equipment, from all I've heard about it. I think that F16SUNSHINE has a Lynx...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spkennedy3000 wrote:
Great colours - I like this close in shot.

Thanks spkennedy. The image was actually cropped quite a bit; the original was a lot wider, in line with the focal length of the lens. So, that is certainly one way to get in close! Surprised

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
It is this green again! Amazing!

That green is EVERYWHERE in the rain forest valleys. Shocked

In fact, one can work ALL DAY within a 50 yard area...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
I love that strong diagonal

Yes, Richard, that diagonal "took over" in my viewfinder, so it was a "natural".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Aren't rain forests a treasure trove of colour and interest! And we dont even have to get out of the house to enjoy them, thanks to Laurence.

patrickh

The rain forests, with their RICH displays of green and the HUGE amounts of total runoff from branching valleys, is possibly one of the best places I've found for images. At the same time, it is a DIFFICULT place to photograph because of the strong contrasts. The saving grace is that a lot of the times there is a "diffusion canopy" of foliage and rain clouds overhead.

I am in love with the rain forests. It's where I grew up, and holds a lot in my heart. I am in Nirvana when I'm there. The sense of SOUL, the iteration of QUIETNESS, and the impact of the NATURALNESS, all combine to simply blow me away....................EVERY time I visit.