Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Developing tank/reel advice needed
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Developing tank/reel advice needed Reply with quote

I am in the USA (to pin down availability) and I need a new tank/reel for 120 and 35mm, All of my old tanks are from firms no longer in existence. Can I get some recommendations for current brands and models?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not a used steel Kindermann from ebay? I have two and they are virtually indestructible, and much easier to load than plastic reels.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a couple of tank/reel combos that are just lying around not being used (I've moved onto Jobo so and hand inversion tanks are redundant). I can ship them to you if you'll pay the postage. MA to NY should be pretty cheap, too.

Send me a PM if interested.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently using a Patterson tank and reel set. The Patterson tank is a "Tank System 4" design. It's about 8" tall or so. Looking on the bottom it says it is the "Multiunit-body 1." The Patterson reels can be configured to a few different sizes. At the 135 setting, the tank should hold three, at the 120/220 setting it should hold two.

I've used a variety of tank systems over the years, from SS tanks with SS reels to Jobo. I find the Patterson system to be among the easiest to use. Incidentally, I don't use the spin agitator with mine, but use the inversion method instead. I've had better, more consistent results with inversion than with spinning the reels.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish my Paterson tank did two 120s instead of two 135s, need to see
about getting the larger tank. When I bought it, I was assured that it came
from the land of leeks and malt vinegar. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to this, for years I used a small Yankee tank and reel. It will do only one roll at a time of 135 or 120, but it's small, easy to use, and even has a thermometer built into its spinner.

Click here to see on Ebay

This may be all you need unless you want a tank that multiple rolls.

Also, if you don't have one already, you'll need a changing bag, such as one of these:

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to missing stirring rods, missing steel balls in reels, etc I need to start with whole stuff.

I was going to get a new changing bag when I opened a tote and found a brand new one still in wrapper. Smile

Thanks to everyone for ideas and advice. I am looking forward to doing some coffee developing.